Holiday Bowl review from CFN

pk2

Reaction score
Holiday Bowl review from CFN (Conor Rhoda for QB next year?)

From College Football News:

http://collegefootballnews.com/2016...u-12-5-things-that-matter-whats-next-for-2017

Nice article, including:

"the coaching staff destroyed Mike Leach and the Washington State staff."

On the other hand:

"Conor Rhoda will get the first look at replacing Mitch Leidner at quarterback, but do the Gophers have any receiving weapons?"

Oops.

Not sure why Rhoda would want to go elsewhere. Starting QB for a Big Ten team seems like it would be his job to lose at this point.

I am amazed at the relentless false narrative being spread by the media regarding the players and staff in the football program. Is there no reporter willing to actually listen to the players concerns or are reporters today just as intellectually stunted as they seem?

I quit reading halfway through. Whoever wrote that was either drunk or stupid.

Not sure why Rhoda would want to go elsewhere. Starting QB for a Big Ten team seems like it would be his job to lose at this point.

Because the coaches told him he wasn't going to be the QB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How soon people forget that the coaches pulled his scholly for next season. I wonder if it still is a possibility that Claeys can change his mind and Rhoda will want to come back.

It is the right thing to do too. They could string him along but I suspect the coaches were appreciative of his efforts, and were honest with him.

It is the right thing to do too. They could string him along but I suspect the coaches were appreciative of his efforts, and were honest with him.

For sure.

Rhoda is not good enough to be a full time starter in the BIG, not sure why some have a hard time accepting that here. Totally agree that there is no point stringing him along especially if that scholarship can go to a younger guy. That said with 2 QBs caught up in the current scandal I wonder if that would change any thinking on the part of the staff. Most likely it doesn't but if the worst case scenario happens and both Williams and Green are suspended next year our QB depth is insanely thin.

Top Bottom