Hoffarber sucks?

Alright somebody isn't watching the game. Hoff has hit 6 3pointers.

Moonlight - emoticons can be helpful. ;)

or even succumb to the fake [/sarcasm]

Remember: if it's on the monitor, it must be true. :p

I'm glad that he found his outside shot because the rest of his game was exposed.

Anyone who needs emoticons to understand that was sarcasm isn't the swiftest.

I'm glad that he found his outside shot because the rest of his game was exposed.
What are you smoking? He missed his assignment on Diebler on ONE three-pointer the entire game?

A good majority of the board has noted that even though he has been struggling with his shot, he has markedly improved every other part of his game that needed work (especially his passing and defense).

Without Hoff tonight, it would've been a 20 pt blowout. He gets his stroke back, along with his improved passing and defense (with the one notable miss tonight), and he's a much better player than he was last year.

What are you smoking? He missed his assignment on Diebler on ONE three-pointer the entire game?

A good majority of the board has noted that even though he has been struggling with his shot, he has markedly improved every other part of his game that needed work (especially his passing and defense).

Without Hoff tonight, it would've been a 20 pt blowout. He gets his stroke back, along with his improved passing and defense (with the one notable miss tonight), and he's a much better player than he was last year.

I forgot it's against the rules to be critical of local kids- especially those from inside the golden gates of the western suburbs, but he's pretty one dimensional. He's not athletic enough to be the next Kevin Lynch. He doesn't have much for lateral quickness and can't put the ball on the floor to get to the hoop. Defensively, he's going to struggle- he'll either be slower, smaller, or weaker that most wings.

I forgot it's against the rules to be critical of local kids- especially those from inside the golden gates of the western suburbs
I don't care where he's from; he could be from Timbuktu for all I care.

Put it this way, if Tubby felt he was so one-dimensional, and he hasn't been doing well at that one-dimension, he wouldn't be playing him 25 min/game. Obviously, he adds something more than just a shot out there when he plays.

No offense, but I'll trust Tubby's judgment over yours.

Emoticons SUCK!

Stating sarcasm should be enough.
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
I absolutely agree with Moonlight.
The use of emoticons has stifled the humor index and resulted in a generation of lazy readers who no longer get sarcasm without hitting them over the head.

There have been a just a few players over the years that have not been the most athletic guys in the gym who have contributed greatly to their teams.

In Big Ten play Blake will never break his man down off the dribble. He doesn't need to.

I once heard a college level coach talk to his players about making all of their strengths into greater strengths. This coach wanted for them to focus on all of things that they do well and make that their game. He insisted that the players would be pissing into the wind if they intended to spend all of their time working on their glaring weaknesses. He told the kids that it was too late for them to make their weaknesses into strengths.

Long story short, Blake is a sophomore and he does a couple things very well. This year he has shown the capacity to be more than a shooter at this level. Will he ever take it to the hole like Nolen or block shots like DJ? No. I think that Tubby is content with who Blake is.

Not that this will break anyone's heart, but Blake remained committed to the Gophers after a 9-22 season. He had other offers on the table. That makes me want to root for the guy.

There have been a just a few players over the years that have not been the most athletic guys in the gym who have contributed greatly to their teams.

In Big Ten play Blake will never break his man down off the dribble. He doesn't need to.

I once heard a college level coach talk to his players about making all of their strengths into greater strengths. This coach wanted for them to focus on all of things that they do well and make that their game. He insisted that the players would be pissing into the wind if they intended to spend all of their time working on their glaring weaknesses. He told the kids that it was too late for them to make their weaknesses into strengths.

Long story short, Blake is a sophomore and he does a couple things very well. This year he has shown the capacity to be more than a shooter at this level. Will he ever take it to the hole like Nolen or block shots like DJ? No. I think that Tubby is content with who Blake is.

Not that this will break anyone's heart, but Blake remained committed to the Gophers after a 9-22 season. He had other offers on the table. That makes me want to root for the guy.

Very well said shikenjanski.

Blake Hoffarber.....

is not even close to being one of our primary problems.

He is a guy, who if he's has a look (not even a good look) you want hiim to shoot. Most of the rest of them you just close your eyes and hope.

He is good without the ball, he is a good passer. He anticipates well.

He's a Lefty!:)

Top Bottom