Hoff to France?

Reaction score
Hey guys, read a tweet yesterday @MNGopherHoops that Blake was starting a pro career in France. Anyone know anymore of the details? Sorry if this has already been addressed in some other thread.

From Sid:
"Blake Hoffarber, the former Gopher, has signed with the Fos Quest Provence basketball team in Fos-sur-Mer, France. It is a Pro-B League team. He plays his first league game Saturday."

The league just kicked off this week so Blake has only missed the first game (which his team won), although players have been together for awhile now... Dwight Burke (Marquette '09) also plays in the league...

I thought Hoff was supposed to head to Montenegro for join a team about 2-3 weeks ago, but there was some holdup... visa?

Anyway, Fos Ouest returns Sherman Gay who has spent a ton of time in France since he played at Loyola Marymount (averaged 16 points as a senior in 2003-04)... should be able to show Blake the ropes.

blake1.jpg

Good stuff guys, I appreciate it. May the threes continue to fall for Hoff!

The guy on the right gives me the creeps. If you have seen any of Hoff's former girlfriends you know he is going to have a great time in France/Europe.

The guy on the right gives me the creeps.

Yeah, kind of resembles John Mark Karr.

PS - If that picture looks odd, there is a poster of three guys in the background (including Jean-Marc Karr)... and then Blake and some Euro-dude who also just joined the team stood in front of two of the players on the poster...

PPS - Just noticed the STrib article called the team 'Quest'... ha. Sounds good, but it's Ouest.. i.e., West.

Hoffarber's first game is in the books. Fos Ouest wins 98-79 over Saint-Vallier.

Sherman Gay (Loyola Marymount) had 22 pts, 10 reb, 5 ast and Bill Clark (Duquense) had 25 and 8.

Blake came off the bench to play 20 minutes, scored 10 (4/9 shooting, 2/6 3FG) and grabbed 3 boards.

Article on/with Dan Coleman with some Joe & Blake discussion as well. Although it's all in that sissy language. With the languages I do speak, I can fight my way through some of it, but think I'll pass on translating the whole thing here. At least until I have more time. If someone can summarize, please do.

I think it says, in part.. he had played in the B league for the last couple of years, but isn't this year... looking for a team. Would be cool with playing in France again.. thinks his brother is good.. said Blake asked him about the league and Dan told him, 'yeah, go for it'...

But the main thing is.. and I've heard this from other basketball players as well.. and it's an angle that doesn't always jump out to people, but... Coleman says, "I'd have a job if the U had a damn practice facility"... ugh.. my fault, take that back, he didn't really say that.. but, he points out that it's not the same out there (i.e., Europe) trying to find a job because of the NBA lockout.

Some of these kids that would be making a living overseas are without a job as a direct result of the lockout. That's crappy. I shed no tears over the NBA - owners, players, etc - losing some loot. But, it's upsetting it means someone like Dan Coleman isn't playing.

Catch-and-Shoot.com article

And in other news, Blake went crazy off the bench today. 23 points to lead his team to an 80-73 lead... 27 mins, 6/11 from deep (8/15 overall) and 7 rebounds.

As they say in France,... Le Minnesota fournit de bons joueurs... "the Minnesota furnishes good players"

Top Bottom