History of Transfer Portal Commitment Dates

Oatmeal Savage

Reaction score
With hopefully some transfer portal commitments on the horizon, I decided to make a record of the past commitment dates and will try to update as relevant.
Spring 2021 - Ben Johnson hired March 22Commitment Date
TP Departures (10) - Carr, Kalscheur, Robbins, Mashburn Jr., Gach, Williams, Johnson, Freeman, Mitchell, Omersa
Jamison BattleMarch 29
EJ StephensApril 2
Luke LoeweApril 2
Sean SutherlinApril 11
Parker FoxApril 15
Payton WillisApril 16
Charlie DanielsMay 20
Danny OgeleJuly 17
Will RambergAugust 23
Spring 2022 - Opened ~March 8Commitment Date
TP Departures (1) - Thiam
Dawson GarciaApril 18
Ta’lon CooperApril 20
Taurus SamuelsMay 9
Spring 2023 - Opened March 13Commitment Date
TP Departures (4): Battle, Cooper, Henley, Thompson
Mike Mitchell Jr.March 29
Jack WilsonApril 13
Elijah HawkinsMay 8

Last edited:

I believe there are over 900 in the portal so far. Pretty sure that as of earlier this week there were less than 30 committed

With hopefully some transfer portal commitments on the horizon, I decided to make a record of the past commitment dates and will try to update as relevant.

Jamison BattleMarch 29
EJ StephensApril 2
Luke LoeweApril 2
Sean SutherlinApril 11
Parker FoxApril 15
Payton WillisApril 16
Charlie DanielsMay 20
Danny OgeleJuly 17
Will RambergAugust 23

Dawson GarciaApril 18
Ta’lon CooperApril 20
Taurus SamuelsMay 9
Thanks!

First question to be answered is anyone else leaving?

It is a worry for sure. Doesn't matter who....it would not be a good thing...at least not right now.
Maybe if we added 4 or 5 highly rated guys then we could deal with a fringe departure, but not now. It would create or amplify too many questions.

It is a worry for sure. Doesn't matter who....it would not be a good thing...at least not right now.
Maybe if we added 4 or 5 highly rated guys then we could deal with a fringe departure, but not now. It would create or amplify too many questions.
Kansas State was a trash bag last year. 4 or 5 highly ranked transfers smells like elite 8 to me

Perhaps it would amplify things for you. Imagine if we hired Craig Smith. He had more transfers out. Would that mean anything?

These are kids. Kids are dumb. Always have been, always will be. I don’t want then to leave, I want to watch them grow as players, bith individually and as a team. However, since it cannot be controlled by us, why worry? They’ll do what they do.

That answer only comes when the portal closes. 60 days after opening. I do believe that dare was May 11th, but I am not totally sure.

Perhaps it would amplify things for you. Imagine if we hired Craig Smith. He had more transfers out. Would that mean anything?

These are kids. Kids are dumb. Always have been, always will be. I don’t want then to leave, I want to watch them grow as players, bith individually and as a team. However, since it cannot be controlled by us, why worry? They’ll do what they do.

That answer only comes when the portal closes. 60 days after opening. I do believe that dare was May 11th, but I am not totally sure.
The only board Ben has left to cling to is Payne / Carrington / JOJ and Christie. Any of them leaving would be the final nail in the coffin.

The only board Ben has left to cling to is Payne / Carrington / JOJ and Christie. Any of them leaving would be the final nail in the coffin.
Well..... they are here and there is no steam that they are leaving- so that's a start.

Well..... they are here and there is no steam that they are leaving- so that's a start.
Not them specifically, but some have said many more are coming.

Not them specifically, but some have said many more are coming.
Some here? If some poster here thinks "many more are coming" then Coyle would have that information as well and if the rumor were true they would fire him now. But they haven't left and no one is talking about Ben being fired. I just don't see how Ben would survive if more than one of the local recruits left at this point or if just Payne left.

Some here? If some poster here thinks "many more are coming" then Coyle would have that information as well and if the rumor were true they would fire him now. But they haven't left and no one is talking about Ben being fired. I just don't see how Ben would survive if more than one of the local recruits left at this point or if just Payne left.
Maybe they threw some $$$ around to hold them off

I won’t write off a Coyle fire and hire following this April.

TP Departures (10) - Carr, Kalscheur, Robbins, Mashburn Jr., Gach, Williams, Johnson, Freeman, Mitchell, Omersa
Jamison BattleMarch 29
EJ StephensApril 2
Luke LoeweApril 2
Sean SutherlinApril 11
Parker FoxApril 15
Payton WillisApril 16
Charlie DanielsMay 20
Danny OgeleJuly 17
Will RambergAugust 23

TP Departures (1) - Thiam
Dawson GarciaApril 18
Ta’lon CooperApril 20
Taurus SamuelsMay 9

Spring 2023 - Opened March 13Commitment Date
TP Departures (4): Battle, Cooper, Henley, Thompson
Mike Mitchell Jr.March 29
Mitchell (commit date) matches the fastest previous one in Battle.

Neat O

Top Bottom