His name is Elliot Eliason!!

MNGreatest

Reaction score
Who saw that coming? Also, I feel like we are different team with the emergence of Elliot and Maverick, moving Dre to SG. Elliot played a great 14 minutes, with no drop off from Mbakwe and at times shutting down Zeller. Great job.

He did play well. He has suprosed me the last few weeks. Hope it is a sign of things to come from him.

UofMdad

Thankfully no line change! Superb performance by EE and Mav and Ingram. and Mo..

Only problem with E's minutes is the 4 fouls.

I agree, he will have to be better on that next year, but as long as he is playing 10-15 minutes I think him giving up fouls instead of Mbawke is probably a good thing, IMO...

KnxKWIb.jpg

On one of Elliot's fouls, when he and Zeller were jockeying for position down low, and he was called for a foul as an Indiana player hit a three pointer. Did that foul occur before the shot was released? I couldn't tell while I was at the game, but that was a huge player for Indiana as they hit a quick 2pt shot right after that for a 5 point possession.
Elliot, Mav, Mo, and Andre all played great.

Thankfully no line change! Superb performance by EE and Mav and Ingram. and Mo..

I think that really made a huge difference, there wasn't the usual disruption in game flow that occurs with line changes, I also think both EE and Mav play better when they are combined with other starters.

Tubby subsitutions actually made sense this game. I guess it was due to EE and Mav stepping up, and Ingram doing some things as well. At one point he had Mav, Andre, Austin, Ingram, and EE on the court. It was nice to see him ride the hot players out a bit. I didn't have to much a problem with his fouls because none of them were and-1's (I think) and he was guarding the consensus top C in the NCAA and did a pretty good job on him.

It was nice to see Eliason gaining some confidence. Next step: DUNK THE BALL!

Tubby has indicated that we are undersized a lot with Trevor, Rodney and Joe competing against guys much taller than them. I am getting very excited about the next 2 years with Elliot and Mo only being sophmores bring undersized should not be an issue. Elliot seems to be improving each game and Mo will only get stornger the further he is away from his surgery.

Anyone else notice how good we look when Oto doesn't play a minute?

In basketball, a member of Project Gopher has a name; his name is Elliott Eliason. His name is Elliott Eliason. His name is Elliott Eliason. His name is Elliott Eliason.

It was nice to see Eliason gaining some confidence. Next step: DUNK THE BALL!

I couldn't agree more. He still almost missed that put-back yesterday. I can only envision my father yelling at the TV screen, "YOU'RE SEVEN FEET TALL, DUNK THE BALL!!!"

Someone get the student section working on a 'Goose' chant. This may have to involve props: Honking an old rubber-ball bicycle horn.

His name is ELLIOTT Eliason!

Top Bottom