Here's what we are NOT talking about!

WestTexasGopher

Reaction score
1) We are NOT talking about Kill's health. We continue to notice the non-issue of Jerry's epilepsy. I look at what he has done-how he has changed his lifestyle and sacrificed to make himself a better man so that he could keep coaching, and I am inspired.

Still. Inspired then. Inspired now. Not just last year. Don't know about the rest of you, but Kill has been as great an example of a head coach as MN could ask for. What if everyone took their lives and work as seriously as has Jerry (and Rebecca!)?! How great would that be?

"Kill is training his body to sleep again, going from three hours a night to almost six. Pretzels and Diet Coke no longer constitute dinner. His doctors have found medication that has kept him on an even keel." (http://espn.go.com/college-football...kill-changing-routine-deal-epileptic-seizures)

Way to keep the focus Jerry. Great job.

2) We are NOT talking about poor grades, players failing out. We are NOT talking about guns in the dorms and other examples of players behaving badly.

3) We are NOT talking about whether this might be the last year, a make or break year, for our coach (see Iowa football for Exhibit A on that!) and staff.

4) We are NOT talking about a lackluster recruiting class full of fourth choices and "diamonds in the rough" we hope the coaching staff can "coach up". (Though, we continue to expect Kill and staff to continue their excellent work of coaching all players up at least one full level-in some cases, maybe more than one level!).

5) We are NOT talking about whether we might be able to snatch a rivalry win from WI, IA, or MI. We have two (and three if you count the Governor's Bell; 4 if you count our new one vs. Nebraska). Do you realize that from 2007-2013 we held significant rivalry trophies only twice (2010 & 2011 vs. Iowa)?

6) We are NOT talking about how nobody loves us enough to give us national slots on tv (heck, we are even talking about GameDay coming to TCF??? Are you freakin' kidding me??!!!).

7) We are NOT talking about what it will take to get Minnesota Golden Gopher football relevant again. Ladies and gentlemen- welcome to the world of relevancy. I've even got friends here in the desert of West Texas (many of whom couldn't tell the difference between the Big 10 and the English Premier League) who know that Jerry Kill coaches the Minnesota Gophers, a solid team that is on the rise. Whaaaaaa????

I'd say I'm pretty pumped to NOT be talking about a lot of stuff this off season. Anything else you are glad we are NOT talking about?

+19

I was just thinking about how much healthier coach Kill looks.

We are also NOT talking about him taking other jobs every month.

Can we still talk about how much of a doosh Souhan is?

Yes. Not only permitted, but required. At least, until he issues his mea culpa. I'll forgive him if he does that.

Not turn this thread to a negative thing, but there is rumors of kill jumping ship if he doesn't get his practice facility construction started later this year as promised to him. He has spent a lot of hours fundraising and needs the shovels in the ground so he can pitch it to recruits. Hard to blame Kill and the staff considering how long they have been working on this and how long they have had to wait. So hopefully we get this construction started already

rumors of kill jumping ship if he doesn't get his practice facility construction started later this year as promised to him.
Have any sort of corroboration to these rumors or is it just you saying this?

Not turn this thread to a negative thing, but there is rumors of kill jumping ship if he doesn't get his practice facility construction started later this year as promised to him. He has spent a lot of hours fundraising and needs the shovels in the ground so he can pitch it to recruits. Hard to blame Kill and the staff considering how long they have been working on this and how long they have had to wait. So hopefully we get this construction started already

He would need a better offer on the table before he would even contemplate "jumping ship" so this is just pointless speculation on your part. I have no doubt in my mind that he is very frustrated with the whole process and the delays but he is not going to leave unless he is offered a step up job for him and his staff. It is what he has done his whole career he is not going to go backwards now and in spite of the relative success he has had the past few seasons he is still not someone that is going to register as a candidate for the jobs that would be a step up from what he has at the U of M.

Are you hearing Stanford?

Ryan Burns hinted at this, So no its not me speculating. Said the staff is frustrated and could jump ship because they need the shovels in the ground so they can pitch it to recruits.

...I am inspired.

Still. Inspired then. Inspired now. Not just last year. Don't know about the rest of you, but Kill has been as great an example of a head coach as MN could ask for. What if everyone took their lives and work as seriously as has Jerry (and Rebecca!)?! How great would that be?
Thanks for writing this. Isn't that the epitome of success?

He would need a better offer on the table before he would even contemplate "jumping ship" so this is just pointless speculation on your part. I have no doubt in my mind that he is very frustrated with the whole process and the delays but he is not going to leave unless he is offered a step up job for him and his staff. It is what he has done his whole career he is not going to go backwards now and in spite of the relative success he has had the past few seasons he is still not someone that is going to register as a candidate for the jobs that would be a step up from what he has at the U of M.

Don't forget that Momma Kill loves it here, and does not want to move.

past behavior predicts the future. JK and staff will always look to improve. if someone comes in with a 4mill offer ... what is JK's best buddy at TCU making per year?

1) We are NOT talking about Kill's health. We continue to notice the non-issue of Jerry's epilepsy. I look at what he has done-how he has changed his lifestyle and sacrificed to make himself a better man so that he could keep coaching, and I am inspired.

"Kill is training his body to sleep again, going from three hours a night to almost six. Pretzels and Diet Coke no longer constitute dinner. His doctors have found medication that has kept him on an even keel." (http://espn.go.com/college-football...kill-changing-routine-deal-epileptic-seizures)

Way to keep the focus Jerry. Great job.

2) We are NOT talking about poor grades, players failing out. We are NOT talking about guns in the dorms and other examples of players behaving badly.

3) We are NOT talking about whether this might be the last year, a make or break year, for our coach (see Iowa football for Exhibit A on that!) and staff.

4) We are NOT talking about a lackluster recruiting class full of fourth choices and "diamonds in the rough" we hope the coaching staff can "coach up". (Though, we continue to expect Kill and staff to continue their excellent work of coaching all players up at least one full level-in some cases, maybe more than one level!).

5) We are NOT talking about whether we might be able to snatch a rivalry win from WI, IA, or MI. We have two (and three if you count the Governor's Bell; 4 if you count our new one vs. Nebraska). Do you realize that from 2007-2013 we held significant rivalry trophies only twice (2010 & 2011 vs. Iowa)?

6) We are NOT talking about how nobody loves us enough to give us national slots on tv (heck, we are even talking about GameDay coming to TCF??? Are you freakin' kidding me??!!!).

7) We are NOT talking about what it will take to get Minnesota Golden Gopher football relevant again. Ladies and gentlemen- welcome to the world of relevancy. I've even got friends here in the desert of West Texas (many of whom couldn't tell the difference between the Big 10 and the English Premier League) who know that Jerry Kill coaches the Minnesota Gophers, a solid team that is on the rise. Whaaaaaa????

I'd say I'm pretty pumped to NOT be talking about a lot of stuff this off season. Anything else you are glad we are NOT talking about?

You are 100% correct. What a beautiful thing.

I have been posting a few things on the other board, KILL has this program on the cusp of something very very good.

Go Gophers !!

Ryan Burns hinted at this, So no its not me speculating. Said the staff is frustrated and could jump ship because they need the shovels in the ground so they can pitch it to recruits.

Ryan Burns trying to help with donations by scaring potential donors with rumors of Jerry leaving. Nice!

Ryan Burns trying to help with donations by scaring potential donors with rumors of Jerry leaving. Nice!
Quite a racket they run over there! Charging people for information they can get 3 hours later on Gopherhole or twitter for free.

We are NOT talking about a QB controversy. (although, that will change with the 1st wobbly pass thrown by Leidner........)

Keep Kill In MN

I think we should have the cheerleaders stand outside each entrance of TCF Stadium before every game and accept mandatory donations to "Keep Kill in MN". At $10 per person per game, we should add a cool $3,000,000+ for increased coaches salary and first rate facilities. There, problem solved. I am in for a C-note at the TCU game. Who's in?

Good post...we are in as good a shape as I can remember going into a season.

Top Bottom