Here's a wild idea.....

sirloin1078

Reaction score
If the "powers" that be decide that they need to make a scapegoat out of Tracy Claeys.... How about this name for a potential head coach:

Jay Sawvel.

He clearly has the respect of the players, seems to recruit well and that coaching performance in the Holiday Bowl was beyond impressive.

Yes, I realize this would be doing the exact same thing the U did with Claeys.....I'm just throwing it against the wall to see if it sticks.

Go re-read the Rutgers game thread. Jay Sawvel shouldn't be coaching junior high apparently.

Big fan of Sawvel, especially after that defensive performance in the bowl game but if you fire Claeys you have to clean house.

If the "powers" that be decide that they need to make a scapegoat out of Tracy Claeys.... How about this name for a potential head coach:

Jay Sawvel.

He clearly has the respect of the players, seems to recruit well and that coaching performance in the Holiday Bowl was beyond impressive.

Yes, I realize this would be doing the exact same thing the U did with Claeys.....I'm just throwing it against the wall to see if it sticks.

That wouldn't play well in the media. Most of the players suspended were defensive players that were under... Sawvel. If Claeys is gone, no remnants of this staff will be kept.

Yep, wild idea. Claeys built that defense.

As Ski U Master said the players were mostly on defense... Sawvel's guys....

This would potentially bolster the folks who want to fire people... and anger them at the same time that they didn't fire Sawvel too.

Sounds like they may be putting this all on Claeys, when the grades and academic standing of football players is near the top in the nation, the program has built to 9-4 and five straight bowls, etc. If they do this - fire him - they are cowards and hypocrites and deserve no support.

Top Bottom