Here’s the list of the CBB programs with the most NBA champions to have played in at least 1 postseason game (Tied for 7th: Minnesota, 9)

Trent Tucker - Bulls
Kevin McHale - 3 x with Celtics
Mychal Thompson - 2 x with Lakers
Bud Grant - Lakers
Whitey Skoog - 3 x with Lakers

Who am I missing?
Don Carlson, Jim Brewer, Kleggie Hermsen, Tony Jaros

Yes, I had to look it up as I've never heard of Carlson and Hermsen

Wonder where they would have ranked 35 years ago since all of those guys are ancient and have zero relevance to the stature of the program today.

Good lord...you must be fun at parties.
Sure...bring up ancient history of how dominant you think the gopher bb program was based on the # of ex-players winning NBA championships compared to how inept the program's been since the Haskins was fired. The tread was about how dominant the gopher bb program was based on a few players 30+ years ago that won NBA championships. Irrelevant stats.to modern day. Suppose you'd also like to bring up the UofM prowess in the 1930/1940's in football...again irrelevant to people living today.

Sure...bring up ancient history of how dominant you think the gopher bb program was based on the # of ex-players winning NBA championships compared to how inept the program's been since the Haskins was fired. The tread was about how dominant the gopher bb program was based on a few players 30+ years ago that won NBA championships. Irrelevant stats.to modern day. Suppose you'd also like to bring up the UofM prowess in the 1930/1940's in football...again irrelevant to people living today.
Agreed. McHale is by far the most famous...and it's been 44 years...plus he never mentioned the Gophers even once since he was on the team that I ever saw. He's useless.

What???!!! Are you implying that we shouldn't be bragging about the accomplishments of one of our most revered basketball alumni? As a proud member of the Kleggie Hermsen Fan Club, I'm deeply offended.

Trent Tucker - Bulls
Kevin McHale - 3 x with Celtics
Mychal Thompson - 2 x with Lakers
Bud Grant - Lakers
Whitey Skoog - 3 x with Lakers

Who am I missing?

Go Gophers!!
Screenshot 2024-06-23 at 9.38.13 PM.png
But the Rockets lost to the Celtics in 6 games.

Ray Williams played with the 1985 Celtics in the NBA Finals. The Lakers won.
Ray was a reserve who played in 4 games. McHale led the Celtics in scoring with a 26 ppg average. He also led them in rebounding with a 10.7 average. McHale shot 59.8% over the 6 game series.

What???!!! Are you implying that we shouldn't be bragging about the accomplishments of one of our most revered basketball alumni? As a proud member of the Kleggie Hermsen Fan Club, I'm deeply offended.
Southpaw, I missed the entire Kleggie career. Hill City, Mn to the Gophers. Signed with the Sheboygan Red Skins when his Gopher days were done but Wikipedia seems to have him playing both places in 1943,44,45 era during WWII. Played for the Boston Celtics in the 1951-52 season in a 9 year pro career.
Crazy...never heard the name. The man was 6' 9" in the 1940's ...probably not many guys that size.
Thanks for the teaser.

Top Bottom