Hercy Miller enters the transfer portal

The only reason he had high major offers was because he was teammates with Suggs and Chet. Teams just offered them all at the same time. Hes not good

The only reason he had high major offers was because he was teammates with Suggs and Chet. Teams just offered them all at the same time. Hes not good
I strongly agree with this. His younger brother is definitely better.

Very interest situation for his NIL. Web Apps America is very open about it's support of HBC's, which Tenn. st. is one. That's why this deal came together. Direct quote from Master P.

“He’s an ‘A’ student and that’s why this company did this, because they wanted to deal with a student-athlete from an HBCU,” Master P told TMZ.

Maybe he is considering leaving for another HBC, but if he doesn't, does his NIL go with him?

NIL has nothing to do with the school

Hercy is not a very good example because it is not a real NIL, but while a NIL may not technically be tied to the school I think we all know some booster from Texas isn't going to keep paying on a NIL if the kid transfers to USC.

Hercy is not a very good example because it is not a real NIL, but while a NIL may not technically be tied to the school I think we all know some booster from Texas isn't going to keep paying on a NIL if the kid transfers to USC.
Sometimes it actually works against the school.

It sounds like a big factor in Ewers transferring was that his NIL deal was implicitly tied to playing time.

Sometimes it actually works against the school.

It sounds like a big factor in Ewers transferring was that his NIL deal was implicitly tied to playing time.

Yuck. Coaches having to manage their players contracts with 3rd parties. What a system.

It's from his dad. It was just a way for his dad to make it look like he was a bigger deal than he is (no disrespect to him). It was just an allowance from his father disguised as a NIL deal.
Must be a tax advantaged transaction in some way as well. Business expense? Interesting to see how the green eye shades at the IRS treat that one.

Must be a tax advantaged transaction in some way as well. Business expense? Interesting to see how the green eye shades at the IRS treat that one.
Yeah, it's a business expense (marketing).

It's from his dad. It was just a way for his dad to make it look like he was a bigger deal than he is (no disrespect to him). It was just an allowance from his father disguised as a NIL deal.
Yeah, it's a business expense (marketing).
From Hercy's perspective though he will have to declare it as income...depending on how the payout is structured he could be looking at a very high tax rate. We're talking potentially both sides of FICA (12.4%), both sides of medicare (2.9%), hitting the 37% marginal federal for 1.5 million if he gets a lump sum, the additional 0.9% medicare tax on income over $200K. Now that I'm thinking about it I'm really interested in how these NIL deals are structured.

At least Tennessee doesn't have an income tax.

Would have been a much higher yield transfer to just use the lifetime gift tax exemption.

Who the hell is Master P?
Rapper who started his own label whose first name is Percy and was a legit baller in his day, unlike Lorenzo Ball. He earned a bucket scholarship to Houston back in the 80s.

Last edited:

Very interest situation for his NIL. Web Apps America is very open about it's support of HBC's, which Tenn. st. is one. That's why this deal came together. Direct quote from Master P.

“He’s an ‘A’ student and that’s why this company did this, because they wanted to deal with a student-athlete from an HBCU,” Master P told TMZ.

Maybe he is considering leaving for another HBC, but if he doesn't, does his NIL go with him?
The money from Master P, it was just funneled through Web apps, as away for his son to make some headlines. At this point it doesn't really matter

Top Bottom