Herbstreit & Corso pick the Gophers over Syracuse!!!!!!

Cobra

former west banker
Reaction score
Title says it all...

bilde

What is there to prove when I know i've seen it first hand? For example when Lee picked Michigan over Minnesota in... 2003?

Impossible. That game was played on a Friday night. They also said it on the show that it was the first time.

When the gophers played ohio state in 2008 they chose OSU. Also, that same year they did Wisconsin and Minnesota.

'the class of the Big 10'. Wouldn't it be nice if someday in the future, they said that about the Gophers and meant it?

What a surprise Herbstreit despises Syracuse. Never forgave SU for the 92' Hall of Fame Bowl.

Herbstreit calls the Gophers "The class of the Big Ten". Hot Dog!

Picking the Gophers doesn't gain respect. Winning the game does.

If the Gophers win this game, even someone like me who leans negative-objective-yet-die-hard would be quite encouraged. Syracuse would finish at the middle bottom of the B1G, so this will be a great measuring stick. A win here would be against a legit team from a semi-decent conference. Nothing Earth-shattering, but considering where this program was 365 days again, it would be HUGE! Also, a win would mean Max would have had a good/great game and this program could finally move forward with a true QB. I don't see a QB controversy here either. It's pretty simple; if Shortell does well in the next 2/3 weeks and leads the Gophers to victories, the job is his. If he struggles and the Gophers lose, give the ball back to Gray. Yes, Minnesota hasn't lost yet, but a win today would finally make this team feel undefeated.

In 03 they did both the Iowa and wisco games Corso picked us in both games I think Toledo in 04 made gameday because we were ranked and they were favored to win the Mac and I'm sure there were games in 05, 06 and 08 that made it

In 03 they did both the Iowa and wisco games Corso picked us in both games I think Toledo in 04 made gameday because we were ranked and they were favored to win the Mac and I'm sure there were games in 05, 06 and 08 that made it

I'm sure GopherInPittsburg still won't believe it.

Didn't they pick the NW-Minny game back in '08, I feel like I recall that.

Winning changes everything. Having some ESPN blow-hards pick us mean zero. I believe we are headed in the right direction, but changing our culture from the past few decades will take time. In Kill, we trust!

Top Bottom