Hello Gophers!

S

sevenyearhawk

Looking forward to getting to know some of you online during the next few weeks ...

Please come visit my homeboard for info about the Kansas Jayhawks:

www.kusports.com

- sevenyearhawk

I'm going to jump on board with seven here and say I look forward to the bowl. I wish both teams best of luck and a injury free game.

Ok, enough of the entrance bs. So what are the Gophers all about this year? So, you guys consider your strength offense or defense?

Rock Chalk

Hello Jayhawk fans. I see your team is 8th in the nation passing offense. NOT GOOD. I just hope we can score a couple of TDs, our O has been awful lately. 5 Losses in a row would be pretty sick. We were decent on O and D when we were 7-1, but our best player on O got hurt last few games and our O-line is young and banged up. We rely on turnovers on D, If Reesing holds on to the ball it will be tough for us.

Looking forward to getting to know some of you online during the next few weeks ...

Please come visit my homeboard for info about the Kansas Jayhawks:

www.kusports.com

- sevenyearhawk

Welcome to the board, sevenyearhawk. I hope that we have some nice discussions about the upcoming bowl game. My friend, Natedawg and I got to interact with a lot of KU fans at the Final Four last year, and every single fan we met was mad cool - I expect that you KU posters will stay true to that reputation!

GopherManiac wrote: "Hello Jayhawk fans. I see your team is 8th in the nation passing offense. NOT GOOD."

I agree - to a point. The best passing offenses we faced were against Illinois, Florida Atlantic, Purdue and Bowling Green - all wins. Our passing D is not (as it was in the past two years) our achilles heel.

I think this game will be won or lost on the running games of each team (stilll probably not good news).

Defensive Aching Heal

The pass much more than the run defense

But surprisingly this year the "big picture" achiles heal as been the offensive sputtering as it attempts to adapt to an endlessing changing offensive line scheme.

If the power running game is in and eliminates some of third and longs and convert some of the convert some of the third and not-too-bads. The passing defense should be a little fresher throughout the game, and it may actually bear witness to the improvement that has happened on the defensive side of the ball.

GopherManiac wrote: "Hello Jayhawk fans. I see your team is 8th in the nation passing offense. NOT GOOD."

I agree - to a point. The best passing offenses we faced were against Illinois, Florida Atlantic, Purdue and Bowling Green - all wins. Our passing D is not (as it was in the past two years) our achilles heel.

I think this game will be won or lost on the running games of each team (stilll probably not good news).

Hey Gopher Fans...

Just wanted to stop by and say can't wait to play you in the insight bowl. I confess I have not followed you this year so I don't know much about your team. What are your strengths and weaknesses? What kind of game would give your Gophers the best chance to win a shootout or a defensive battle?

Check "Jayhawk fan comes in peace" below; long, detailed discussions there about Gophers this year. We now have a new "run coordinator" who may have an impact on offensive line and changes in the offense. Basically, we had no running game in Big Ten play, culminating in almost no first downs against Iowa in the first three quarters. Our offense is something about 92nd in 1A, but our defense is much improved over last year - opportunistic with a decent pass rush. We have a lot of respect for Kansas, having seen the Missouri game on TV.

Top Bottom