Hayes: I Ranked All 130 Division I College Football Helmets — How Does Your School Stack Up? (50. Minnesota Golden Gophers)

Just imagine the ranking if they had gotten our good side from the Outback Bowl

gettyimages-1196981392-1024x1024.jpg

Its the time of the year for articles like this. Ill never forget the writer who ranked Big Ten coaches by physical attractiveness.

50?!?

And Wisconsin’s 1990 word art W is 44?

This should be disregarded like a Shama article.
Not sure why anyone would have given it any regard in the first place. It is just an off season puff piece. Anyone that would get worked up over something like this needs to take a real hard look at the choices they have made in their life :)

Penn State? It's the same helmet I wore in park board football.
For that matter Notre Dame? It's a helmet with gold spray paint on it.
And if you got no Buckeyes on your helmet it just a silver helmet.
Like this guy!

Attachments

• TateMartell_2018_2.jpg
    TateMartell_2018_2.jpg
    394.7 KB · Views: 0

Penn State? It's the same helmet I wore in park board football.
For that matter Notre Dame? It's a helmet with gold spray paint on it.
And if you got no Buckeyes on your helmet it just a silver helmet.
Like this guy!

Yeah, if you are talking full Uniform then a classic look like Penn State's might rank highly for people. But supposedly this is the critera that was used:

Before we jump into the list, note that I am not a fan of any specific team. I graded all of these helmets based on a team's logo, helmet color, face mask, stripe, and originality.​

So with that in mind I am not really sure how a white helmet with a blue stripe on it or an all gold helmet would rank real high on their own.

Seems like not having a logo at all on your helmet should pretty much move you to the end of the line. :)

Without even looking at the list, PSU, Ohio State, Irish, Bama, Mich are all in top 10.

Without even looking at the list, PSU, Ohio State, Irish, Bama, Mich are all in top 10.
Michigan at #1, Ohio State #10 but the rest are inside the top 50 but not top 10.

Top 10 of oldest designs maybe. Just cause they haven’t changed doesn’t make them better. Irish is basically the same as Army, Navy, and BC.

Top 10 of oldest designs maybe. Just cause they haven’t changed doesn’t make them better. Irish is basically the same as Army, Navy, and BC.
Was only commenting on the usual suspects in these polls, not whether I like them.

Top Bottom