Have You Watched a Bowl Game Yet?

Iceland12

Reaction score
ESPN Poll on their College Football page inquires if you've watched a Bowl Game yet? 29,000 votes cast so far. There is only one state where the majority hasn't watched a Bowl Game yet?

It's close 49% to 51% but yep, it's Minnesota! :clap:

I haven't watched one. The bowl games bore the bejeebers out of me. It's basketball season and the games are meaningless. I satisfy all my curiosities in the game results online. I only watch the Minnesota game. If I watched TV regularly I'd probably stop on a game while surfing, but I don't. So...

there you have it, a Minnestotan testimonial.

I'm watching my first right now...but it was just a lucky confluence of having nothing to do, a soft spot for Temple, and a dislike for most of the teams on the west coast (Stanford and Cal maybe excluded).

I've had 3 or so on while i did cross-stitch. Audio was on mute and I listened to NPR by choice. Boring games so far.

Until the Gophers play. Then it's wings/keg stands/Jager bombs/beer bongs/ and a Gopher win. I hope. (Crossing fingers)

Love bowl season. Have watched the Emerald, Music City, and Champs Sports bowls. New Years Day is my Christmas present to myself, I'll be at Mac's in NE watching the Outback, CapitalOne and Rose bowls.

Can't even watch the Insight Bowl due to social engagements. Combination of bad day/time and dumb network placement = not watching. I would have preferred the Pizza Bowl, I'd have actually been able to watch that.

Hoping I can somehow listen on the radio and follow on a computer.

I love bowl season as well. Have watched most thusfar.

I did watch a little of the Wiscy Miami game while the Gopher basketball game was on, during commercials and after. Does that count?

That Minnesota is the only state to answer "no" pretty much says it all about what we, as Gopher fans, have to work with.

Personally, I have attended the New Orleans and Emerald Bowls (and I'm angling for a free ticket to a suite for the Sugar Bowl), and I've watched every game so far, including catching a replay of the Meineke Bowl, which I missed while at the BC-USC game. So yeah....I like bowl games. It's just a shame that flights to AZ were too expensive to make the Insight trip feasible.

I've watched 3 or so threr have been some good match ups and shocking final scores. btw try telling the players these games don't matter...

I will watch the BCS games, but these bowls that don't matter bore me.

I've had 3 or so on while i did cross-stitch. Audio was on mute and I listened to NPR by choice. Boring games so far.

Until the Gophers play. Then it's wings/keg stands/Jager bombs/beer bongs/ and a Gopher win. I hope. (Crossing fingers)

I am the only one to notice the sheer irony of this posters' interests.

As far as bowl watching I watched a vast majority of the Champs Sports Bowl flipping between it and the Gopher BB game. Prior to that I've only had a chance to sneak quick peeks into the other games as I have a 2 year old who is dictator of the TV were we vacilate between Cars, Frosty the Snowman, The Jungle Book and Monsters, Inc. The hammer comes down starting December 31 when Norman Dale, Sr. takes back his rightful throne as TV Remote Controller.

I watched the 2nd Q of the Champs bowl and watched WI do what they did to everyone this year- Oline flattens and seals.

Apart from the small contingent that is Gopher Nation, the state of MN has to have the largest concentration of people in the entire country who have no knowledge or interest in college football. I'd like to kick them all in the ass for being so damn ignorant towards the greatest sport in the world.

Top Bottom