have you ever seen a dead person?

KD6-3.7

credulous skeptic
Reaction score
there are three different states of being dead.

1.the embalmed, open casket corpse. grandma at her funeral.

2.the freshly dead corpse. this is pretty rare. usually the spouse who has woken up to spouse dead in bed or the soldier looking down on fallen soldier.

3.the decomposing corpse. very rare. actually does not smell as bad as you think it should. until you move it and it begins to leak.

which have you seen? i've seen numerous of each. AMA!

i guess the skeleton is the fourth, or 3a state of being dead.

Slow day?

I’ve seen dead corpses in an Anatomy class. Doesn’t neatly fit your categories.

Have u ever put your lips on a corpse’s lips?

A million years ago I worked in a nursing home. We dealt with bodies on a weekly basis. I did a lot preparing for families or funeral homes to arrive. Pretty typical stuff. My brother in law owned a funeral home in North Dakota. I usually would help him schlep bodies around when I was there. Saw a bunch of embalmings. The ones after an autopsy were the worst. There ya go I guess.

joke -
After Beethoven died, there was some concern that he might have been buried alive. So they opened up the casket, and found Beethoven sitting there with a pile of sheet music and an eraser. As they looked on, they saw Beethoven erasing the sheet music. Shocked, they asked him "what are you doing?" and Beethoven responded - "I'm Decomposing!"

All three.
In Catholic School, you could volunteer to get out if school to be an altar server for funerals. Thus meant you got a hot lunch while the rest of the school got a cold bologna sandwich, the school cafeteria was used for the funeral lunch. And you got three dollars from the owner of the funeral home.

I’ve been witness to some deaths, family at end of life, and a car accident I responded to. Also, had a neighbor end his life with a shotgun, walked on the aftermath of that.

And, While at the university, a floater in the river by the heating plant and the stone arch bridge.

Plus, I have known of 3 men murdered, but not present at any of them.

I once sat in on my wife's grad school cadaver lab. Oof... One wouldn't have been so bad, but being surround by partially dissected corpses was pretty unnerving. At least there was a towel over the dude's face.

You spend too much time in front of the mirror, deuce. Get rid of mirrors, log off of GH and rediscover life.
I love these posts from prolific posters with no self awareness. And my response to OP was a movie quote. A little humor. Crazed angry Jammer can't get out of the political sphere.

I love these posts from prolific posters with no self awareness. And my response to OP was a movie quote. A little humor. Crazed angry Jammer can't get out of the political sphere.
Speaking of crazed and angry, it was nice to read one of your posts with no caps. It's a decent day today. Go outside and take a walk, deuce.

Top Bottom