Has Oto signed yet?

VNVET4GOPHERS

Reaction score
Unless I have missed the announcement, is there any official word that Oto Osenieks has signed a tender to go to the U OF M? I have not heard any report from the media.

From what I've heard, he has signed his LOI but it had to be sent to Latvia so his Dad could sign off on it. Not sure if it was sent via fax or mail.

From what I've heard, he has signed his LOI but it had to be sent to Latvia so his Dad could sign off on it. Not sure if it was sent via fax or mail.

One would hope by fax...or better yet scanned and e-mailed in this day and age.

If it's the same as promissory notes it will have to be typically mailed to be legit...I know for sure that if a p-note is scanned and e-mailed it's not good anymore...even though there's absolutely no way of knowing since they fax it in usually anyway, but what I learned working at Wells Fargo...

If it's the same as promissory notes it will have to be typically mailed to be legit...I know for sure that if a p-note is scanned and e-mailed it's not good anymore...even though there's absolutely no way of knowing since they fax it in usually anyway, but what I learned working at Wells Fargo...

That would be my guess. Documents like that typically have to be "official", and copies won't cut it.

It's official now I guess, per Gophersports:

http://www.gophersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=8400&ATCLID=204933634

The Minnesota men's basketball program today announced the signing of Oto Osenieks (Ocean-icks) to a National Letter of Intent. Osenieks will be eligible to compete during the 2010-11 season, joining fall signees Elliott Eliason (Chadron, Neb.) and Austin Hollins (Memphis, Tenn.) and fellow spring signee Maurice Walker (Scarborough, Ontario).

"We want to welcome Oto to the Golden Gopher basketball family," said Golden Gopher Head Coach Tubby Smith. "He is a player that will give us depth at both the small and power forward positions. He shoots the ball with great range but also has good ball skills and court awareness. Coach Lee has done a great job this season of continuing his development that was started with the Latvian National Team. We are getting a very mature player with international experience and that will add a great amount of flavor to our program."

Osenieks, a 6-8 senior forward, averaged 16.0 points 6.0 rebounds and 3.0 assists per game as a senior at Brehm Prep in Carbondale, Ill. A native of Riga, Latvia, Osenieks played for the Latvian national team in the 18 and under European Championships in 2008 and will also play in the upcoming under-20 European Championships.

The Gophers wrapped up the 2009-10 with a loss to Xavier on Mar. 19 in the first round of the NCAA Tournament. This was the second consecutive NCAA Tournament appearance for the Gophers and the 16th overall appearance for a Tubby Smith-led team.

The Gophers finished 21-14 on the season, the 17th-straight season a Tubby Smith-led team reached the 20-win plateau. It is the longest active streak in the nation and the third-longest streak in NCAA history. Minnesota reached 20 total wins for just the 10th time in school history.

2010-11 Roster

F Williams, Mbakwe, Osenieks, Dawson
C Sampson, Iverson, Walker, Eliason
G Hoffarber, Joseph, Nolen, Hollins, Cobbs, Allen

Osenieks and Devoe Joseph both played in U18 World FIBA championships in 2008.

F Williams, Mbakwe, Osenieks, Dawson
C Sampson, Iverson, Walker, Eliason
G Hoffarber, Joseph, Nolen, Hollins, Cobbs, Allen

As always, Tubby Smith is putting together the pieces of the puzzle. The program is in good hands with him. I just hope he has better personnel luck next season and everyone in this list is available.

Top Bottom