Happy 96th Sid!!

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

I've been reading Sid's column for about 55 yrs. I think that qualifies as an institution.

I hope I am as healthy, but not as cranky, as Sid at 96. Happy birthday.

Where's the party?

It's been over for a long time. Party started at 5:30am (he slept in a little since it is his birthday). It was crazy: a few games of bingo and then another hour of him yelling at people to get off his lawn (they were actually cars driving by his house but no one had the heart to tell him).

Is he finally today's Sports Hero? Or does Martina Navratilova get the spot instead?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

It's been over for a long time. Party started at 5:30am (he slept in a little since it is his birthday). It was crazy: a few games of bingo and then another hour of him yelling at people to get off his lawn (they were actually cars driving by his house but no one had the heart to tell him).

Sid is a strange dude. However, to come from nothing to being a mega millionaire, to still be dictating a sports column multiple times a week in a major metro newspaper, to still getting scoops, to still covering all of the teams in town, to still having a radio show. At. Age. Ninety. Six.

He has worked his ass off forever because he absolutely loves what he does. "Remarkable" is too small of a word.

Keep going, Sid.

Sid is a strange dude. However, to come from nothing to being a mega millionaire, to still be dictating a sports column multiple times a week in a major metro newspaper, to still getting scoops, to still covering all of the teams in town, to still having a radio show. At. Age. Ninety. Six.

He has worked his ass off forever because he absolutely loves what he does. "Remarkable" is too small of a word.

Keep going, Sid.

So true.

Is he finally today's Sports Hero? Or does Martina Navratilova get the spot instead?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Oh if only to hear Sid attempt to pronounce her name again.

FAVORITE SID MOMENTS:

Sunday Morning Sports Huddle; a caller is talking about some subject(??)...Sid disagrees and starts yapping-you don't know what you are talking about, you're totally wrong, you're not even from here..GOOD BYE....CLICK(Sid hangs up on him).

Dave says: You were really mean to him Sid.
Sid: So what, he's not even from around here. He's from Chicago
Dave: No Sid, he said he was calling from Chisago...just a few miles away.
Sid: OH!

Keep going, Sid.

Yep I agree. My comments were meant to be in good fun. Just a "shot" at old people I guess.

Mad respect for that guy.

I can only hope the good lord blesses me with the ability to still be doing what I love at age 96.

Top Bottom