gunter brewer?

KD6-3.7

credulous skeptic
Reaction score
post at scout.com board that the OSU OC is headed to MN for an interview?

"Gunter Brewer is in his fourth season at Oklahoma State and his first as Co-Offensive Coordinator and quarterbacks coach. He served the three previous three seasons as wide receivers coach and passing game coordinator. He was one of the key minds behind one of the nation’s most dynamic and explosive offenses."

I believe that HC Mike Gundy does all of the play calling for OSU currently so he would probably be interested in getting to call the plays for a change. I would be curious to know what he is making there as I believe they tend to pay their assistants well due to T. Boone Pickens money.

I believe that HC Mike Gundy does all of the play calling for OSU currently so he would probably be interested in getting to call the plays for a change. I would be curious to know what he is making there as I believe they tend to pay their assistants well due to T. Boone Pickens money.

My theory is that the U is running the OC hiring pretty formally due to the amount of money (salary) involved. We shall see.

Coached Randy Moss @ Marshall and recruited Dez Bryant to OSU. Seems to also have pretty good connections to Eli and Payton Manning. Not bad when you are talking offensive brains. Like this name and background way better than the names mentioned this week. Get him in here and nab his first commit in Wingo this weekend!

Coached Randy Moss @ Marshall and recruited Dez Bryant to OSU. Seems to also have pretty good connections to Eli and Payton Manning. Not bad when you are talking offensive brains. Like this name and background way better than the names mentioned this week. Get him in here and nab his first commit in Wingo this weekend!

His dad was the HC at Ole Miss which would explain his connections to the Manning family.

"...due to T. Boone Pickens money."

WHAT money? It's all gone--lost in the market collapse. Besides, as I recall, OSU earmarked all of Pickens' money (when he had it) for facilities.

"...due to T. Boone Pickens money."

WHAT money? It's all gone--lost in the market collapse. Besides, as I recall, OSU earmarked all of Pickens' money (when he had it) for facilities.

I don't think he is hurting to bad, though I know his donation decreased a ton for the university because they kept most of it is securities hoping to make even more of a windfall. I thought that I had read that his donation was also being used for salaries. The last article I read stated that Ok. State only trailed Texas in the Big 12 for assistants salaries.

Gunter Brewer is a step in the right direction, I could get behind that hire with no problem.

Boy you really should read the posts that are coming from OSU!! Take how we were posting when Roof left and double it and thats the reaction from Cowboy land. Brewer seems to be a fan favorite down there I love the pick on the surface if it is true.

I would be VERY happy with this hire. Lets keep our fingers crossed!

My theory is that the U is running the OC hiring pretty formally due to the amount of money (salary) involved. We shall see.

Does this jibe with their hiring of coordinators over the past few years? Seems like they've all been close to shotgun hires. At least with Roof and that worked out. Sort of.

i'm 50/50 I know a lot of people hate all the Badger hires but, Horton looks to maybe have more experience. I'd say I could live with either.

i'm 50/50 I know a lot of people hate all the Badger hires but, Horton looks to maybe have more experience. I'd say I could live with either.

I would like us to choose none of the above and get someone who is a little more established and a complete package if that is possible at this time. Brewer seems like a decent coach but question how long he would be here after spending his whole life in the south. I am also curious how he is as a recruiter as it looked like this year for Okie State so far he has only pulled in two 3 star players for them.

Yeah, I guess I tend to agree and should have put it at 30% Horton, 30% Brewer, 40% hope there is something better. Brewer has no ties to Brewsters past, I too worry about how long he'd last here. Very little QB coach experience.

Yeah, I guess I tend to agree and should have put it at 30% Horton, 30% Brewer, 40% hope there is something better. Brewer has no ties to Brewsters past, I too worry about how long he'd last here. Very little QB coach experience.

I also saw on the OSU boards that supposedly after only one year with QB's at OSU that they were going to move him back to coaching WR's.

Top Bottom