Gunner Kiel to Indiana

I guess we'll see if it lasts. I'm sure that people were saying the same thing about us when Gray committed though.

He's been dropping hints for a long time that he was going to commit to Indiana but few were willing to believe him.

- Very close to home

- Said he absolutely hated the drive to Oklahoma, and the drive to Alabama was almost as bad

- His brother already plays there

- Kevin Wilson is one of, if not the, best QB coaches in the country

- Practically guaranteed to start from Day 1

- Will never have to buy another meal or beer in the state of Indiana in his life, especially if he helps bring them to respectability

I would've done the same if I were in his shoes. He has everything to gain and nothing to lose, especially considering that Wilson will almost certainly squeeze every drop of talent out of him, and he will be just as likely to be drafted highly as if he had gone to OK or AL. Great choice in my opinion.

Really awesome to see that.

More than equivalent to Floyd or SH staying home here.
Congrats to IU, maybe in 2-3 they'll have enough firepower to pay wisky back for that 83-20 score last year.
It makes the Big Ten better when kids stay here instead of chasing USC, Notre Dame or Miami, etc.

Hopefully Pirsig caught a glimpse of this too, a homestate talent not afraid of stepping in to help resurrect a down but not out hometown program.

Nephew of Blair Kiel, former Notre Dame QB who made a couple of stops in the pros.

I love seeing this stuff! I never had a thing against Indiana and really enjoyed watching them back when Randle El was playing.

I love seeing this stuff! I never had a thing against Indiana and really enjoyed watching them back when Randle El was playing.

Especially that game in 2000 where Randle El torched us for like 9TDs and about 13,000 all purpose yards.

Wow, great for IU. When you tack that on with some of the others in their class, it could be the start of something nice for them.

He's been dropping hints for a long time that he was going to commit to Indiana but few were willing to believe him.

- Very close to home

- Said he absolutely hated the drive to Oklahoma, and the drive to Alabama was almost as bad

- His brother already plays there

- Kevin Wilson is one of, if not the, best QB coaches in the country

- Practically guaranteed to start from Day 1

- Will never have to buy another meal or beer in the state of Indiana in his life, especially if he helps bring them to respectability

I would've done the same if I were in his shoes. He has everything to gain and nothing to lose, especially considering that Wilson will almost certainly squeeze every drop of talent out of him, and he will be just as likely to be drafted highly as if he had gone to OK or AL. Great choice in my opinion.

Every Minnesota player should have to read this for it equally applies here!

Especially that game in 2000 where Randle El torched us for like 9TDs and about 13,000 all purpose yards.

Hahahaha. That is awesome. But I think it was more like 14,000 yards...

But in all seriousness, it is great to see a local kid stay in his home area that is rated so high. Now only if more of our in-state kids would do this.... Hopefully Coach Kill will turn that trend in the right direction!

Good for IU. It's gotta be tough being the #3 BCS school in your own state. You get that one kid who turns into a superstar and surround him with decent talent and anything can happen.

Kudos to IU and the staff. It's nice for their fan base to have something to get energized about. I love seeing the kids stay home and show commitment to turning around a program.

Mods, please delete this thread. Gunner Kiel is only 17 and we shouldn't be talking about him. I've also sent an e-mail to 247sports asking them to remove the interview from their website.

I was at that game. I was so excited after beating Ohio St. that I drove all the way to Bloomington and back. I left work Friday afternoon, drove all night, watched the game, drove back. Notable moments from the trip include: meeting Barrairo, getting invited into the Indiana locker room by one of their boosters, watching the game on the field, sleeping in rest stop somewhere in Illinois, and making it to work on Monday morning. My two lone road wins are Wisconsin in 1990 and Northwestern in 1999. Still all the trips were worth it.

I was at that game. I was so excited after beating Ohio St. that I drove all the way to Bloomington and back. I left work Friday afternoon, drove all night, watched the game, drove back. Notable moments from the trip include: meeting Barrairo, getting invited into the Indiana locker room by one of their boosters, watching the game on the field, sleeping in rest stop somewhere in Illinois, and making it to work on Monday morning. My two lone road wins are Wisconsin in 1990 and Northwestern in 1999. Still all the trips were worth it.

I've been on only 1 road game- Illinois in 2008. Totally worth it.

Holy sheet! That's some good stuff! Remind me to hook up with you for a road trip. The only road game I've been to is Wisky. That was the most fun I've had at a game simply because I got 50,000 Becky fans calling me an asshole.

If I were a WWE wrestler, I would totally be a heel. Knowing that I could control that many people at once just by standing up and pointing to my maroon and gold gear and incite almost a riotous 'asshole' chant was a power trip!

If I were a WWE wrestler, I would totally be a heel. Knowing that I could control that many people at once just by standing up and pointing to my maroon and gold gear and incite almost a riotous 'asshole' chant was a power trip!

Sure you weren't holding up a mirror?

Top Bottom