Guess who said it..

alphagopher

Reaction score
"Taking on an up-and-coming Iowa State program will be a tremendous challenge"

I realize most have tired of the whole hyperbole thing with Brew, but-the sad thing-what he says about ISU above is true. Let's hope better days are ahead for this program.

I loved where he said "The matchup should be of great interest to college football fans across the nation..."

In years to come, people everywhere will recall vividly where they were when the 2009 Insight Bowl was played.

Right on. What he should've said is playing an Iowa State team that smells like dirty socks is only of interest to the mentally ill.

Hilarious. I tried to imagine what he would say about the game and this surpassed my expectations. The best part is he has 3 more weeks to sell this game.

You guys take Brew to literal. Last year when we were down in Tempe for the Insight Bowl at the Pep Rally for the Gophers he said something along the lines of "Tempe is a nice city and the Insight Bowl is a great bowl, but this is not where we want to be. We want to be in Pasadena and we will not satisfied until we get there."

You have to understand he is talking to everyone when he is making those quotes. He is being very gracious towards the Insight Bowl because they treat the players very well and buy them gifts and allow them to play in another game.

"Taking on an up-and-coming Iowa State program will be a tremendous challenge"

I realize most have tired of the whole hyperbole thing with Brew, but-the sad thing-what he says about ISU above is true. Let's hope better days are ahead for this program.

I was actually going to defend Brewster for his quote, and then I read the next post...

I loved where he said "The matchup should be of great interest to college football fans across the nation..."

In years to come, people everywhere will recall vividly where they where when the 2009 Insight Bowl was played.

...once again, he is guilty as charged.

All bowls are good bowls...

Especially this one: publicity for the Gophers over and over last night on ESPN's three-hour bowl game show; an extra spring practice; a great city and climate; a famous stadium; a worthy opponent (they beat Nebraska in Lincoln); renewal of one of our longest non-conference opponent series; reward and fun for players and fans.

This Gopher program is only in its third year - more prestigious bowls will follow, but this is a good one for 2009. I only wish it was on ESPN or Fox rather than the NFL network.

sound bytes

You guys take Brew to literal. Last year when we were down in Tempe for the Insight Bowl at the Pep Rally for the Gophers he said something along the lines of "Tempe is a nice city and the Insight Bowl is a great bowl, but this is not where we want to be. We want to be in Pasadena and we will not satisfied until we get there."

You have to understand he is talking to everyone when he is making those quotes. He is being very gracious towards the Insight Bowl because they treat the players very well and buy them gifts and allow them to play in another game.

Yeah, he knows these are sound bytes that are played in Aimes, played in AZ, etc

People are crazy when they take coach speak literally.

For those that don't like the matchup or the fact that there are too many bowls, here's a novel concept: DON'T WATCH THE GAME.

I actually enjoy all the bowls, even the lesser ones for the non-BCS conferences, and will watch as many as I can. For those in the media that wish to mock and ridicule the game.

Bring on the Clowns!

In years to come, people everywhere will recall vividly where they were when the 2009 Insight Bowl was played.

.. the rest of the quote was "especially in the Midwest"... lighten up guys. What do you expect him to say?

He should definitely say, when asked, that both teams are mediocre at best and that neither one has a realistic chance of winning the game. Since someone has to win, he will give a couple of examples from this season as an explanation for why it will not be us. He should then reiterate, with as much emphasis as possible, that big time recruits should avoid Minnesota and enroll elsewhere and that all they need to do is watch the bowl game for evidence. Why? Because we have not won in a long time and have no chance of winning in the future. He should finish the interview by apologizing for his optomism and belief in the university and the state of Minnesota and for not understanding before taking the job that his real task as head coach was to explain clearly to all fans why they should follow a real team.

12th

You are correct. In fact pulling out one of those suicide packets the secret agents in the movies take before capture would be the thing. He wouldn't take it of course, just make us all feel sorry for the maroon and gold.

Top Bottom