Guess the attendance!

From the Barn

Reaction score
No prizes or recognition offered, but guess the attendance for tomorrow's game? With a last place team and a massive blizzard forecast, will 100 folks make it to the game?

1000 wild and rowdy students....Students bleed for their athletic teams....There will be support from the students...if there is none from outside fans.

I went to a gopher game at PSU 6 years ago, or so, and it was empty. When they are down, the fans disappear completely. Surprising after such a strong season last year and an NIT title. Gopher fans still go to the game when the team is down, they just fill up the Blog pages with coach bitch, AD bitch, Player bitch. Season not over yet, but check back Saturday afternoon.

1,997 but it won't show up in the records.

Counting the players, coaches, cheerleaders, working staff, security. ...

If it shows tickets sold I'd say 7800 .. actual attendance .. 2300

Two seasons ago when I was still living in Chicago a friend and I made the trek up to Evanston for the Gopher game. There was a mini blizzard on and there were maybe 600 people in attendance. Half of them seemed to be decked out in maroon and gold and it was a vocal contingent. Great time.

For PSU, I'll say 1,500 announced.

I went to the PSU game five years ago, and there was maybe 1,000 people in the building.

And for the record, the only students there that night were those in the pep band...and many of them were doing homework and reading during the game, and then would play during timeouts...no joke.

Based on that, they'll announce 6,600...the same as they announced the night I was there.

They'll announce it at like 8,000. There will be about 2,500 actually in the building. Kind of like what the Lynx do.

Official attendance. 10,291

Looks like the old 'tickets sold' count.

Top Bottom