Gruden

MplsGopher

Reaction score
"Tightening"? Or tilting the wrong way for your political persuasions? Let me guess. Defense contractors, fossil fuels, big ag, finance...not a problem? Tech, BigPharm, Amazon, ....any company opportunistically capitalizing on a social justice platform ....unholy right?

Flavor of the day. It's just what you'd expect out of a hyperpolarized dual party capitalist system where companies are allowed to influence the democratic process.
The false dilemma that big dollars are required to run a big campaign, singlehandedly ruins fair democracy.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
most a small number of people see want to pretend that we’re moving closer to the China model, in order to give the conservative base a totem for exercising their hatred and hopefully draw in non-base voters
fixed

MplsGopher

Reaction score
I’m still baffled why on earth anyone would care who someone else chooses to be with or what they do when they are with someone else. Honestly.
And we arrive at the very small overlap between libertarians and liberals.

Well done

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Everyone is inherently racist because we all have a natural fear of the "other." It's what each person says and does as they deal with that fear is what matters and it's what differentiates racist behavior from non racist behavior.
If people are saying racist things, verbally or electronically, that's racist behavior. It doesn't sound like one or two emails. "Racist" isn't a term that is casually thrown around.
My larger point is that Gruden is a minnow. Snyder and his pals are whales. I hope they can get the whales.
Jam, crushing it out of the park in this thread.

I'd subscribe to his substack. 🔥

bga1

Reaction score
If a guy, who thinks he's a girl, gets with a girl, who thinks he's a guy......well, are they gay?
Making it more complicated is that one or both may change their minds in a day or so.

jamiche

Reaction score
Breeland makes over a million this year.....he should donate it to charity.

Hunter sat out all of last year and collected his paycheck. What was that number again?

Barr just came back, remind us of his pay scale again. Will be invisible as always.

Kirk Cousins has a salary of what again?

I could go on and on, but it's not the American way I suppose.
You do realize that what differentiates the owners from players you mentioned is one to three zeros.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
This is patently absolutely false. The left throws it around carelessly and conveniently thousands of times a day to describe those that don't agree with them. Every. Day.
Ogee hates being called a racist, for being pissed off when Black kids wear their pants low!

Usually, you only hate being called a racist, if you are one.

golf

Reaction score
How many people would lose their jobs if we held them to this standard regarding their personal emails/texts from the distant past?

Nax5

Reaction score
How many people would lose their jobs if we held them to this standard regarding their personal emails/texts from the distant past?
Some emails were from 2018 though. It was a body of work stretching 8 years. That's probably what hurt him the most. No growth. Consistent behavior. And he was a grown adult through it all.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Anyone stupid enough to put things like that in a work email ... deserves to be fired.

Nax5

Reaction score
Making it more complicated is that one or both may change their minds in a day or so.
It takes many years for someone to accept who they are. It's not a stupid switch they just flip when they want to. Jesus man, do a little research. Be better, bga.

kg21

Reaction score
Calling Biden a clueless pu--y makes up for any of his other emails.

We should throw him a parade.

kg21

Reaction score
^^^^^^ Excuse me......did you just post about the Washington Football Team? Sorry, it just kills me every single time.

golf

Reaction score
Some emails were from 2018 though. It was a body of work stretching 8 years. That's probably what hurt him the most. No growth. Consistent behavior. And he was a grown adult through it all.
OK. But I am guessing the misogynist/homophobic stuff is said in locker rooms probly right up to this present day.

The lip email is bad.

Joy Reid, Matt Damon, Northam have been caught in situations and still have their jobs.

Perhaps gruden should be fired, I don't know. I just would find it interesting if the media castigating him also had to expose their past personal emails/texts.

monk10

Golden Gopher
Reaction score
The easiest thing to do is to vote with your money. Cancel your tickets and don't tune into the show. When they call to ask you state that you want Gruden back. The NFL is already reeling with everyone who isn't watching the NFL anymore because of kneeling.

Nax5

Reaction score
OK. But I am guessing the misogynist/homophobic stuff is said in locker rooms probly right up to this present day.

The lip email is bad.

Joy Reid, Matt Damon, Northam have been caught in situations and still have their jobs.

Perhaps gruden should be fired, I don't know. I just would find it interesting if the media castigating him also had to expose their past personal emails/texts.
I get it. But it doesn't excuse anything in my opinion. Honestly, I would be okay with a reckoning like that. Find out who the true hypocrites are.

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
Don’t look now but this story is also going to bring down Adam Shefter for sending his unpublished story to Dan Snyder asking for any corrections that need to be made.
So basically an investigation to a hostile work environment and terrible ownership is going to bring down a coach that was not employed by the team and espn’s top news breaker for nfl stories. All while the owner has to pay some fine and make donations to charity which I’m sure will be tax deductible.

what a time to be alive. The owners do protect themselves in these type of stories.

bga1

Reaction score
I get it. But it doesn't excuse anything in my opinion. Honestly, I would be okay with a reckoning like that. Find out who the true hypocrites are.
You would be one of them. We all are. None of us are perfect. Forgiveness is a necessary element in a functioning society. I don't know what the answer on Gruden is, but as a society the trend to cancel- typically from one side- is horrible.

Nax5

Reaction score
You would be one of them. We all are. None of us are perfect. Forgiveness is a necessary element in a functioning society. I don't know what the answer on Gruden is, but as a society the trend to cancel- typically from one side- is horrible.
I'm not perfect. But I can guarantee you that I haven't emailed or texted anything like Gruden. I try to learn and do better each day. Can you say the same? That's where Gruden clearly failed. You gotta earn forgiveness. Don't keep making the same mistakes.

Last edited:

Top Bottom