Gruden

bga1

Reaction score
In systems where punishment is discretionary, the easiest way to avoid punishment is not subject oneself to discretion. The second rule is if you need a discretionary ruling, it's easier if you haven't been antagonizing the people with the decision making power. Gruden went zero for two.
Like in China- don't torment Chairman Xi....

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
There are a lot of people end up in positions of leadership who are real assholes. Gruden seems to be one of them. Daniel Snyder may be another. I'm glad Gruden's emails were released and I'll be even gladder when Snyder's see some daylight.

Just because Gruden had black players on his teams doesn't mean he's not a racist.
I'm homophobic too. I'm against sticking your manhood inside another guy. I know I'm bad for thinking that and working on it in my CRT class. Believe it or not, that's coming up in my next week's lesson.
Is your teacher Ben Dover?

kg21

Reaction score
That's...not a qualification for being homophobic. 🤦‍♂️
If I'm against guy to guy, am I homophobic?

You can say being for Trump makes you crazy, right?

Why can't I say guy to guy is crazy? Did you make the rules?

Bang your boyfriend into oblivion for all I care. Stop calling me names if I don't agree. Deal?

Nax5

Reaction score
Why are you against it

Why can't I say guy to guy is crazy?
You can. But remember that a lot of gay people are tormented by comments like that. Some leading to suicide.

Stop calling me names if I don't agree. Deal?
I didn't call you names, nor will I start to. You literally said "I am homophobic."

Last edited:

saintpaulguy

Reaction score

You can say being for Trump makes you crazy, right?

Why can't I say guy to guy is crazy? Did you make the rules?

Bang your boyfriend into oblivion for all I care. Stop calling me names if I don't agree. Deal?
Against? Not your cup of tea, fine. Spilling everyone else’s tea? Not fine.

bga1

Reaction score
Well, that would be be a swell analogy if Graden was fired by a government official. He was fired by private enterprise which is as anti communist as things could be.
Enjoy private enterprise while it lasts. We are rapidly entering an era of party approved businesses. Small businesses are private enterprise at their best. Today's big businesses- very similar to China. There is an unholy alliance that is tightening between big government and big business. Biden said today he wants to fundamentally transform our economy. Few know what that means.

kg21

Reaction score
Why are you against it

You can. But remember that a lot of gay people are tormented by comments like that. Some leading to suicide.

I didn't call you names, nor will I start to. You literally said "I am homophobic."
Why am I against it?

Er-Ah-Well.............................

jamiche

Reaction score
Sorry, I have to go with the body of work here. It goes far beyond coaching black players. The man put a significant amount of black people into coaching positions all over the league, recommendations, phone calls, actively supporting their hiring.

By your rationale, if David Duke had a body of work of being associated with the KKK, but tomorrow they found a couple of emails where he said positive things about black people, you're saying that you would believe the couple of emails over his lifetime body of work.

You can't have it both ways, can't pick and choose when you're going to go with someone's history of actions over a couple of comments.

You can honestly with a straight face say that one email that mentions someone having big lips (is this not true?) completely changes what a man has done his entire life? Really? Is that where we are?

But we don't have to decide here. I'll agree with you when there are a couple dozen players that come out and say that Gruden has been a racist for most of his career. That is agreeable, right?
Gruden was a HC for 15 years. He had one black coordinator and only one black qb took snaps for him. I’m not aware of any black players or coaches defending him once more of his emails became public.
It’s not ok to say the kind of shit that he was saying. Good people don’t operate that way.
It’s also not ok for the nfl to continue to protect Snyder and the people who work with him (including Goodell and other owners). What may come out will make Gruden look microscopic.

kg21

Reaction score
Get your excuses ready. The world is getting gayer every day :LOL:
If a guy, who thinks he's a girl, gets with a girl, who thinks he's a guy......well, are they gay?

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
Gruden was a HC for 15 years. He had one black coordinator and only one black qb took snaps for him. I’m not aware of any black players or coaches defending him once more of his emails became public.
It’s not ok to say the kind of shit that he was saying. Good people don’t operate that way.
It’s also not ok for the nfl to continue to protect Snyder and the people who work with him (including Goodell and other owners). What may come out will make Gruden look microscopic.
I'm not defending anything Gruden did or said in these emails, not a bit. I'm saying he's not a racist. People so pathetically throw that term around so loosely and carelessly, it barely means anything anymore. He's getting what he deserves for making a lot of stupid comments and a lot of stupid mistakes but being a racist isn't one of them.

Sorry, you're going to have to do a lot better than a 10+ year old comment about someone's lips in the heat of what was on the brink of a massive NFL Lockout to convince any reasonable person that Gruden is racist in any way, shape or form. It's a ridiculous, classless claim.

Nax5

Reaction score
If a guy, who thinks he's a girl, gets with a girl, who thinks he's a guy......well, are they gay?
Lets crack open Gruden's emails. The answer might be in there somewhere.

Angry

Reaction score
In all seriousness, the continuing popularity of The NFL is amazing, given how it is run. I can’t think of a league that cares less about the people who work for it and are the product.
FF and more gambling opportunities have been a boom to the NFL.

Six to Eight

Reaction score
There is an unholy alliance that is tightening between big government and big business. Biden said today he wants to fundamentally transform our economy. Few know what that means.
"Tightening"? Or tilting the wrong way for your political persuasions? Let me guess. Defense contractors, fossil fuels, big ag, finance...not a problem? Tech, BigPharm, Amazon, ....any company opportunistically capitalizing on a social justice platform ....unholy right?

Flavor of the day. It's just what you'd expect out of a hyperpolarized dual party capitalist system where companies are allowed to influence the democratic process.

Last edited:

Angry

Reaction score
"Tightening"? Or tilting the wrong way for your political persuasions? Let me guess. Defense contractors, fossil fuels, big ag, finance...not a problem? Tech, BigPharm, Amazon, ....any company opportunistically capitalizing on a social justice platform ....unholy right?

Flavor of the day. It's just what you'd expect out of a hyperpolarized dual party capitalist system where companies are allowed to influence the democratic process.
I won’t speak for him but I think most people see we’re moving closer to the China model. Both in business and socially.

kg21

Reaction score
Righties love the NFL, their American way, fuck your employees as hard as you can and protect them as little as you can get away with.
Breeland makes over a million this year.....he should donate it to charity.

Hunter sat out all of last year and collected his paycheck. What was that number again?

Barr just came back, remind us of his pay scale again. Will be invisible as always.

Kirk Cousins has a salary of what again?

I could go on and on, but it's not the American way I suppose.

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
I'm not sure "he's not a racist, just a really sexist, homophobic jerk!" is a great hill to die on.
Funny how some feel compelled to protect racist behavior, by basically saying it doesn’t exist @🤣🧐.

Last edited:

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
Righties love the NFL, their American way, fuck your employees as hard as you can and protect them as little as you can get away with.
Who cares as long as they’re consensual adults.

sounds like your freedom doesn’t extend to a person’s bedroom; therefore,it makes all your arguments based on that concept invalid as u only believe in it selectively.

jamiche

Reaction score
I'm not defending anything Gruden did or said in these emails, not a bit. I'm saying he's not a racist. People so pathetically throw that term around so loosely and carelessly, it barely means anything anymore. He's getting what he deserves for making a lot of stupid comments and a lot of stupid mistakes but being a racist isn't one of them.

Sorry, you're going to have to do a lot better than a 10+ year old comment about someone's lips in the heat of what was on the brink of a massive NFL Lockout to convince any reasonable person that Gruden is racist in any way, shape or form. It's a ridiculous, classless claim.
Everyone is inherently racist because we all have a natural fear of the "other." It's what each person says and does as they deal with that fear is what matters and it's what differentiates racist behavior from non racist behavior.
If people are saying racist things, verbally or electronically, that's racist behavior. It doesn't sound like one or two emails. "Racist" isn't a term that is casually thrown around.
My larger point is that Gruden is a minnow. Snyder and his pals are whales. I hope they can get the whales.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
In all seriousness, the continuing popularity of The NFL is amazing, given how it is run. I can’t think of a league that cares less about the people who work for it and are the product.
That's an easy one: WWE.

Top Bottom