Gruden

bga1

Reaction score
He should not have said some of the things he said over the years. That said- who among us is sin free in the area of what we say? Is this the society we want to live in? Is Joe Biden going to suffer a similar fate for his statements of the past? Chuck Schumer? Is there anyone that would survive? Who makes the rules that coarse talk about blacks and women are unprotected but the same types of words about whites and men are not?

This is another bad benchmark in our march towards a society of captives.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
I get what you're saying, but Gruden hit for the cycle on this one; women, gays, gay slurs, railing against player protection measures, etc. Gruden is obviously not a racist, he has a lifetime body of work of coaching, leading, and teaching young men of all races. Is he a little homophobic, misogynist and does he think Goodell is a moron? That's pretty clear.

Multiple sources have indicated that someone in the league (likely Goodell) had it in for Gruden. This stuff comes out for a reason, especially years and years after the fact. Gruden made a lot of comments that are said around the league on a daily basis I would guess, he was just stupid enough to put them in writing.

But to your one point, of course, there sure do appear to be people (typically of one political persuasion?) that are more Teflon than others. You can't be surprised by that in 2021. Our media is just plain NOT going to go after certain folks.

jamiche

Reaction score
He should not have said some of the things he said over the years. That said- who among us is sin free in the area of what we say? Is this the society we want to live in? Is Joe Biden going to suffer a similar fate for his statements of the past? Chuck Schumer? Is there anyone that would survive? Who makes the rules that coarse talk about blacks and women are unprotected but the same types of words about whites and men are not?

Who knew that post was coming.

GoodasGold

Reaction score

What he said was mean. It made Lindsay Graham and Herschel Walker feel bad.

bga1

Reaction score
I get what you're saying, but Gruden hit for the cycle on this one; women, gays, gay slurs, railing against player protection measures, etc. Gruden is obviously not a racist, he has a lifetime body of work of coaching, leading, and teaching young men of all races. Is he a little homophobic, misogynist and does he think Goodell is a moron? That's pretty clear. (that's accurate- Goodell is a moron)

Multiple sources have indicated that someone in the league (likely Goodell) had it in for Gruden. This stuff comes out for a reason, especially years and years after the fact. Gruden made a lot of comments that are said around the league on a daily basis I would guess, he was just stupid enough to put them in writing.

But to your one point, of course, there sure do appear to be people (typically of one political persuasion?) that are more Teflon than others. You can't be surprised by that in 2021. Our media is just plain NOT going to go after certain folks.
Good post!
This is what a world without forgiveness looks like. The road to hell is paved with good intentions. Cancel society is not the way forward to a better life. In the end it creates more division and less freedom.

kg21

Reaction score
He called Biden a clueless p---y! I am still laughing.

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score

You Sire are the undisputed 🤴❄️🇷🇺🤡of the board. All hail LPGA!!

USAF

Reaction score
Gruden is MAGA personified. To a tee. Angry, racist, misogynistic homophobe who wants the world to return to the good old days of white privilege.

That's what really pisses beeg off. The rest of the world sees it for what it is.

howeda7

Reaction score
If it had been one or a few emails in 2011, a sincere apology might mean something. This was a truckload of racist, sexist, homophobic crap over a period of years. Any apology would be hollow. He got what was coming. No one would have kept their job regardless of political beliefs. Crocodile tears from the Fellas was a given though.

jamiche

Reaction score
You just did exactly what Gruden got fired for. What a hypocrite.
No he didn't. He criticized you (accurately) with a little well deserved mockery thrown in. You will actively and publicly defend and pledge to forgive anybody for any disgusting behavior (including child molestation--you knew I would bring that up) as long as they support Donald and his donalds. You deserve to be mocked and criticized.

stocker08

Reaction score

Donald is doing fine. Still being worshipped by morally bankrupt righties.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Grunden didn't stand a chance at surviving this. Rightfully so, I suspect.
Sometimes we forgive past racist statements, sometimes we don't.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Grunden didn't stand a chance at surviving this. Rightfully so, I suspect.
Sometimes we forgive past racist statements, sometimes we don't.
In systems where punishment is discretionary, the easiest way to avoid punishment is not subject oneself to discretion. The second rule is if you need a discretionary ruling, it's easier if you haven't been antagonizing the people with the decision making power. Gruden went zero for two.

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
You just did exactly what Gruden got fired for. What a hypocrite.
Wrong as usual - your consistency, is dare I say breathtaking.

I said it to you directly, not behind your back.
I am half joking 🙃 obviously 🙄.
I am many things in life, but far from being a hypocrite and I ain’t a crazy coot like u!!🎉🥳👏🎊🙌
Quit whilst U have a sliver of dignity left.

Last edited:

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
No he didn't. He criticized you (accurately) with a little well deserved mockery thrown in. You will actively and publicly defend and pledge to forgive anybody for any disgusting behavior (including child molestation--you knew I would bring that up) as long as they support Donald and his donalds. You deserve to be mocked and criticized.
Post of the decade!!!

saintpaulguy

Reaction score

Perhaps putting slurs about anyone on office time using office resources should be off limits, rather than crying about inequity.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
If it had been one or a few emails in 2011, a sincere apology might mean something. This was a truckload of racist, sexist, homophobic crap over a period of years. Any apology would be hollow. He got what was coming. No one would have kept their job regardless of political beliefs. Crocodile tears from the Fellas was a given though.
You are almost entirely correct here, and I've never said anything should have happened to him other than what has happened, but only one small correction; essentially none of what he said that I have seen was racist (but I haven't seen EVERYTHING?). The comment about De Smith's lips was a comment about Smith being a liar, said in the heat of battle when the NFL was on the brink of a Lockout, which would have been devastating for all parties involved. Gruden said himself that he has historically called people who lie "rubber lips" and said Smith's lips were like Michelin tires, basically saying he was a BIG liar in his opinion.

Gruden is getting his just due but he's no racist.

USAF

Reaction score
You are almost entirely correct here, and I've never said anything should have happened to him other than what has happened, but only one small correction; essentially none of what he said that I have seen was racist (but I haven't seen EVERYTHING?). The comment about De Smith's lips was a comment about Smith being a liar, said in the heat of battle when the NFL was on the brink of a Lockout, which would have been devastating for all parties involved. Gruden said himself that he has historically called people who lie "rubber lips" and said Smith's lips were like Michelin tires, basically saying he was a BIG liar in his opinion.

You believe that crock of shit "explanation?"

Wally

Reaction score

There are rumors that what came out was just the tip of the iceberg.

bga1

Reaction score
Perhaps putting slurs about anyone on office time using office resources should be off limits, rather than crying about inequity.
You are correct. The singling out of individual slights is insane in a world where people to it daily to each other regardless of color, gender or sexual orientation.

If we are going this way, shut it all down. Fire everyone. There are none pure on the subject.
Not me. Not you. Not anyone. We all say and think bad things about people.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
There are rumors that what came out was just the tip of the iceberg.
I wouldn't be surprised. The NFL is a hotbed of testosterone and macho. If the guy railed on female referees, the NFL 'making' the Rams draft a gay player, and was sending pictures of Redskins cheerleaders back and forth, I'm sure there's plenty of other sexist and misogynist things floating around out there. At the end of the day, the NFL wanted him out and they got him out. Mission accomplished

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
if it was one e-mail or one comment, he might have survived. what did Gruden in was the volume of material and the variety of comments.

if this came out 10 years ago, he might have been able to survive. in today's climate, no chance.

WilliamsArenaGuy

The anti-Loon
Reaction score
You are correct. The singling out of individual slights is insane in a world where people to it daily to each other regardless of color, gender or sexual orientation.

If we are going this way, shut it all down. Fire everyone. There are none pure on the subject.
Not me. Not you. Not anyone. We all say and think bad things about people.
This is just so fucking wrong and pathetic.

Nax5

Reaction score
I recommend people check out Pat McAfee's statements on this from his show this morning. I think he sums it up a lot better than OP did.

Top Bottom