Grieving the loss of the Big 10...

Ranting Rodent

Reaction score
So, I'm going to the exhibition game on Thursday and I feel completely lost and disoriented. My pre-game routine I have followed for over 25 years has been destroyed by the closing of the Big 10. What are we going to do? Go to a fern bar downtown and take the light rail across the river? Go to BWW with kids that are too young to know about the rich history of Gopher basketball? I hope somebody has come up with a viable alternative...

With the "traditional Stadium Village" options dwindled down to next to nothing, it's now just Stub's or (the new) Sally's. I think what we'll find is if you want pregame at one of those two restaurants without having to stand in line, you'll have to get there a good 2+ hours before the game, certainly for B1G games. 1 hour, 45 minutes before game time was always my guide to get a seat at The Big Ten without having to wait.

If those two are packed, the options become the generic and weak pregame atmospheres of Raising Cane's, BWW, Noodles & Company, Applebee's, etc. I love Cane's, but it just doesn't fit the pregame mold.

On Monday, my freshman daughter texted me a photo she took of the newly cleared site. A lot of great sandwiches were made on those grounds. Really sad.

Top Bottom