Greetings from Kansas

J

Jayhawk68

One of my regrets from the Orange Bowl last year is that we didn't fraternize more with the Virginia Tech fans. This year I am bringing hot dogs and hamburgers to the Gopher tailgating at Sun Devil Stadium. Hope to meet some of you there.

Your learned

Your are getting the idea of what a bowl game is all about. The fun is the interaction between the fans. Tempe is a great place for football games as the JOINTS are all within walking distance, especially for 3 or 4 days, no driving required.

Also, you'll remember the GREAT GOLDEN GOPHER in some place when you talk to him, but you might not remember 2nd and 8 with ten minutes to go in the third period.

By the way, does this mean that the Kansas fans will bring Dorothy too?

Dorothy and Toto will not be making the trip unless they can help us on the defensive side of the ball.

The reason there wasn't much talk between Kansas and VTech fans were due to the fact VTech fans thought KU was a worthless opponent. We didn't deserve to be on the same field as them and it was a joke that we got a BCS bid. Well they thought differently after the game, but it was to late.

Kansas fans and Minnesota fans aren't that much different. As many already know, there are a lot of Minnesota kids that go to KU (it is cheaper than most BIG 10 schools)). KU doesn't see Minnesota as a inferior opponent, but a BIG XII team versus a BIG 10 team. Also we are both situated out in the middle of the country and VTech was a east coast school and knew very little about KU.

I think Kansas and Minnesota fans are still happy to be at a bowl regardless of who the opponent is. It is a fun time for all and in a nice warm place. As we all know, it isn't warm in Minnesota and Kansas around New Years. :D

Well said KU4LIFE! Tempe is a great venue and you will meet many friendly Minnesota peeps. Looking forward to revisiting The Library and of course The Vine!!

Top Bottom