Greetings from a Saluki fan

Great post Saluki visitor -- it's great to hear such rave reviews from someone who saw Coach Kill and staff firsthand. I am very interested to see him and his staff in action.

Thanks. I live down in Tennessee and am hoping to make it to a game this year. My bro lives in Waconia so that can be my excuse for heading up to see a game. My daughter loves the snow (since we do not get very much down here) too. Gonna have to find someplace that carries the U's football games so I can see how things are going.

Word has it we've got a heckuva tight end from that town...

As a lot of Gopher fans who we're looking for the big time hire, I am fully in that we got the right coach, sexy name or not... and as impressed as I am that he's a program builder, a hard worker and gets his kids to buy into what he does (and has done so in leaps and bounds in just a few weeks), he's also got some of the best 2012 HS talent in Minnesota to buy into it as well and has already picked up some great recruits to get the ball rolling (including a certain QB everyone was convinced was wisky bound).

As fore-mentioned by my staunch fellow Gopher fans, one of the best reads I have seen on GH in a long, long time. Perhaps the best. I tell you what, it's got my juices flowing and put my excitement meter at an all time high. :D

Greetings from Carbondale

I too, as is SalukiVisitor, someone that has been following Coach Kill and Minnesota Football via your forums since December. I have followed sports at SIU since the 70's, born and raised here, came back just before Kill went to NIU. Ole Miss grad and a sports marketing professional with a pretty good understanding for sports, the business of college sports and perspectives within the different conferences and college divisions.

I want to reiterate the job Coach Kill did while here, a turnaround is an understatement as to what he did. I have been trying to find a D1 football program that I could compare to in making an analogy, and I can't. With the exception of SIU winning the 1-AA crown in 83, football and SIU where fire and ice. The stadium was so bad and its facilities, they typically didn't show it to recruits, even when they were winning. He and his staff single handedly saved the football program to the point that just after his departure a new stadium was built on campus that opened last fall. His Cancer Poke Run draws over 1200 motorcycle riders each summer, not bad for a rural area. To think what he and his staff did with what little that had, is miraculous. Graduate kids, win, recruit great talent ( handful of NFL players too)... Numerous great stories on his impact on and off the field. Can't wait to see what he does in the coming years for Minnesota and its fans. You have a new fan here! Best of luck...

Thanks to both the Saluki posters, glad to have you as fans.

Top Bottom