Great win in OT tonight!!

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Wow what a great game! We had a fantastic first period and great job of us fighting back in the last minute of regulation and OT.

Rau is going to be a star. A Gopher hockey mind who I respect greatly and who is a GHer sent me a text predicting he will be Hobey before his career is over. Let's hope that's right!

Go Gophers!!

Didn't think they would score late like they did to even send it into OT.

Great game. Patterson was clearly the MVP tonight. Great game.

What a weekend sweep!! On the road, sweeping the defending national champs!! Love it!

Rau is such a stud.

The guys are flying around and the intensity level is much better early on this season.

Go Gophers!!

What a weekend sweep!! On the road, sweeping the defending national champs!! Love it!

Rau is such a stud.

The guys are flying around and the intensity level is much better early on this season.

Go Gophers!!

I'm very excited as well, except the 50-16 shot disadvantage is concerning. I wonder how long Patterson can hold up seeing 50 shots per game.

I'm very excited as well, except the 50-16 shot disadvantage is concerning. I wonder how long Patterson can hold up seeing 50 shots per game.

Those shot numbers are horribly misleading. A lot of them were not high quality shots. Duluth was throwing a lot of junk shots on net (long range shots, bad angle shots, etc). Shots that any good goalie is not going to have trouble with.

I also think the scorekeeper had a bit of a liberal idea of what made up a shot.

But we certainly do need to clean up some mistakes with our young defense. The good thing is they are young and there is a lot of upside with the group. :cool02:

Great sweep, and the team looks to have a lot more heart and grit this year. I have heard nothing but great things regarding Guentzel's return to the program. Could be the best thing Lucia has done in the past 7 years.

Top Bottom