Great Video of Final Touchdown!

Go Pher Yourself

Reaction score
I don't know if this has been posted, but this video is fantastic! You know what's coming, and it's still amazing. You will watch this more than once.

Great video. Another awesome game to be at. We deserve that.

Man, tell Gray to dive with the ball extended!

He cut it a little close, eh?

That's my video :) Thanks for posting.

I sit really close to you, I took one from my seat in row 6. Section 135 has seen some amazing things in that corner already!

Play seemed to be a run-pass option. The same play as the first touch down.

McKnight ran his guy off, while maintaining body position. He kept himself tangled up--perfect!

McGarry pinched and released, also maintaining body position. His job is to either block out the defender (without looking like he's trying to) or release freely. He read it perfectly!

Duane with a sweet block in the backfield that sprung #5. Notice Duane get his body play-side. Perfect!

We ran that play at least three times.

Just watched this again.

Our tight end should win a trophy for that play. Watch him block down and then block a second defender who gets caught in the wash.

Too pretty.

Freaking textbook.

I am hereby entering McGarry in the Gopher Hall of Fame of Anonymous Blocks. The last entry was Jeff Wills last year, who won the award by blocking--collapsing then eating, really--the entire Illini defense line on the last touchdown. The Ring of Honor still belongs to Jared Ellerson at Michigan in 2005.

Studwell I would submitt Ryan Roth for the Ring of Honor. Take a look sometime of the block he made on the field goal at Penn State. If he doesn't hold up on the push from Courtney Brown, or take on the leaping Lavare Arrington, Penn State has another win.

Studwell I would submitt Ryan Roth for the Ring of Honor. Take a look sometime of the block he made on the field goal at Penn State. If he doesn't hold up on the push from Courtney Brown, or take on the leaping Lavare Arrington, Penn State has another win.

Hereby inducted! Welcome Ryan Roth for your vital, yet wholly ignored, contributions!

I sit really close to you, I took one from my seat in row 6. Section 135 has seen some amazing things in that corner already!

I sit right in that area also. Since I couldn't be at the game yesterday I appreciate the video - It gave me a feel of what it would have been like to view that TD from my normal seat!

That poster of "THE BLOCK" from the PSU game was a thing of beauty. They also used to have that picture on the wall in the Bierman Complex. Maybe it still is? THE BLOCK...a moment froozen in time that captured an INCREDIBLE effort and a GREAT Big Ten win.

What a block! What a memory.The date: 6 November 1999. The place: State College, PA.

; 0 )

Hello, Gophersports? how can a get a copy of that?

I found myself watching it over and over again, I can't wait to send this link to my Iowa co-workers.

I sit right in that area also. Since I couldn't be at the game yesterday I appreciate the video - It gave me a feel of what it would have been like to view that TD from my normal seat!

We're up in rows 12 - 15 and I dislike the people around us. Everyone seems to sell their tickets off or not show up, even the people that I have season tickets with. Our ticket organizer left in the 3rd quarter because his fiance was bitching. That's why you don't bring GFs to games, or just don't get married.

We're up in rows 12 - 15 and I dislike the people around us. Everyone seems to sell their tickets off or not show up, even the people that I have season tickets with. Our ticket organizer left in the 3rd quarter because his fiance was bitching. That's why you don't bring GFs to games, or just don't get married.

Sounds like it's time to break that engagement off, amirite?

What in the world could she possibly have been complaining about? It's not like it was bad weather or something...

Top Bottom