Great time for a Bye Week

MNVCGUY

Reaction score
Coming off of 4 emotional games....2nd half collapse against Iowa, coming up just short against Michigan....followed by 2 hard fought wins against USC and UCLA.

No doubt lots of guys are dinged and can use the week off to get their bodies right. Coaches get to hit the road recruiting coming off a few wins and especially out in California can really sell the way the team did against the California teams.

And the schedule coming out of the bye sets up well leading to the next bye week. Start with a home game against a very beatable Maryland team. Followed by a date with a good Illinois team but one that just gave up 49 points to a horrible Purdue team. Will be a tough game but one we can win if we play well. Follow that with the Kaliakmanis game and a Rutgers team that has been way way way overhyped and looks poised to quickly fall back to earth after their performance against Wisconsin this past weekend. Need to come out of this stretch 2-1 at least but 3-0 isn't impossible......though to be fair neither is 1-2 with the slim margin for error this team has this season.

Best of all the players and coaches should be feeling good heading into the bye week. Record is sitting at 4-3 which makes reaching a bowl seem very likely. Now they can self scout, work on the areas where they are struggling and get ready to finish the season strong.

Oline needs to improve and be better next year, but hey, I don't think the center caused a false start penalty this past game, so that's improvement!

I'm actually mildly hopeful for the return of Maverick Baranowski after the bye week. Saw him on the sidelines yesterday, so he traveled with the team, and additionally he had no cast or sling or anything on, so the shoulder injury might not be as I had initially feared. Time will tell though.

Going into the game I was thinking the same thing, if we can pull off a win and a California sweep it’s a really good time to have the team go to pie on a high note.

I'm actually mildly hopeful for the return of Maverick Baranowski after the bye week. Saw him on the sidelines yesterday, so he traveled with the team, and additionally he had no cast or sling or anything on, so the shoulder injury might not be as I had initially feared. Time will tell though.

They said he was a game time decision yesterday, so I think we will see him back after the bye.

They do need the rest. Watching these past few games the gophers players hit hard. I am not sure Sturdivant caught another pass after taking a helmet to the inside of his thigh. Gopher D has been laying the wood to opponents.

Top Bottom