Great Recruits = Cocky Players?

Yah-E

Bulieve
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but we were on National TV first game of the day....

Stoudamire's actions on the sideline has to be reprimanted! I don't care how great of a player you are, how emotional you are about a call, or how much you had/will contribute to the team, YOU SHOULD NEVER BE IN COACH'S FACE LIKE THAT and disrespect a coach! What a disgrace to our program!

It's situation and team culture like this that players grown to put themselves above the team (ie. T.O).

I seriously hope Brewster will suspend Troy for at least a game or for the rest of the season!

If he transfers, oh well!

Any thoughts?

I agree that he shouldnt have done that, but lets not get crazy. Yea, good players are cocky a lot of the times, but not everyone who is cocky has an attitude like TO'. Please dont compare the 2. And if our team had the cocky swager that the Miami teams had in the 90's, i would love it, if they played like them also. You need to have an edge on you, and you need to think you are better than the other guy, its like that in all of sports. If you dont think that, i am guessing they wouldnt be playing division 1 football. Things happen, he will be dealt with i am sure, and just because you dont hear of it, doesnt mean disciplinary actions werent taken.

Watching it live, to me it looked like the coach came at him. I don't think you suspend a player for the rest of the year for something as little as this. It's not like he punched a guy (LaGarrette Blount, Oregon). Stuff like this happens all the time, it's just too bad it was caught on camera. I could see like a quarter or two suspension, but certainly not for the season.

Watching it live, to me it looked like the coach came at him. I don't think you suspend a player for the rest of the year for something as little as this. It's not like he punched a guy (LaGarrette Blount, Oregon). Stuff like this happens all the time, it's just too bad it was caught on camera. I could see like a quarter or two suspension, but certainly not for the season.

Yeah but the fact is he's the coach. He can get in his players face but as a player you better shut your mouth and listen and not throw any BS back at him.

Yeah but the fact is he's the coach. He can get in his players face but as a player you better shut your mouth and listen and not throw any BS back at him.

this is not in response to yah-e's OP. that being said. adrian peterson and vikings rb's coach eric bieniemy get in each other's face all the time on the sidelines. so based on the messed-up logic of some here maybe the vikings should sit down adrian peterson for a couple games as well just because he gets emotional during the game like stoudermire did today? sounds convoluted doesn't it?!

this whole thread is pointless.

Our behavior was embarrassing today, passion or not. Weber threw his arms up in disgust with a coach in the first quarter. Then Stoudermire does his thing after making a stupid play. We looked very undisciplined.

this is not in response to yah-e's OP. that being said. adrian peterson and vikings rb's coach eric bieniemy get in each other's face all the time on the sidelines. so based on the messed-up logic of some here maybe the vikings should sit down adrian peterson for a couple games as well just because he gets emotional during the game like stoudermire did today? sounds convoluted dpesn't it?!

this whole thread is pointless.

I don't think he should be punished really, because your right it is good to have emotion he's just got to harness it. My point is though he has to show more respect to the coaches. It looked like he was about to knock the coach out today.

I don't think he should be punished really, because your right it is good to have emotion he's just got to harness it. My point is though he has to show more respect to the coaches. It looked like he was about to knock the coach out today.

it was a tough play all around for stoudermire and i personally don't put much blame on him, if any at all. i don't think the coach (was it even the special team's coach??) should have reacted the way he did by getting in troy's face and brow-beating him in the manner he did.

first, the osu guy was extremely late throwing up a fair-catch signal (i think he was too late). then all stoudermire did was barely rub his right knee against the osu player's right knee while trying to dive out of the way. it should have been a non-call. i would have been just as pissed as stoudermire was if they ref threw a 15yd kick/catch interference flag after a sequence like that went down.

there really needs to be blame on both sides (the coach & the player), if people are going to insist on throwing it around.

That call was bs. Stoudemire had a right to be upset. He should not have gotten into it with the coach like he did, but at the same time he didn't do anything terribly wrong. Who cares.

NFL players are not the same as college players as NFL players get paid millions. My reference to TO is that if we allow a college player to disrespect to coaches like that, then what are they going to be like when they're in NFL (ie TO). It is in college where the coaches mold football players from boys to men!

Top Bottom