Great reaction from Mom of walkon who gets scholarship from former Gopher Tony Levine

What is she so happy about? Her son has been forced into years of slavery by this cruel taskmaster!

They are better humans than I. I would have rejected it and gone to the CFL to get a pay day.

Pretty cool! Thanks for sharing!

(Wonder what AJ and his Mom's best friends reaction would have been if he ended up getting one to Houston?) :cool:

I like Tony and everything but if you don't give your starting kicker a scholarship, your odds of encountering the angry friend of AJ Barker's Mom increase. AJ might have even been friends with this kid.

These videos make more sense when they're awarding the practice players who will never see the field for a meaningful down.

"little did they know..."

Did they just think Coach Levine wanted to be introduced to his mom?

The kid is a junior. I highly doubt they actually believed he was called in with his mom to be told he wasn't getting a scholarship.

That's my bah humbug moment of the day. Glad for the kid.

Great video.

Love 2:20. Mom gets up to...... coach thinks he's getting a hug. Mom hugs kid.

I caught the Tony Levine interview on College Sports Network, he referenced his 4 years at Minnesota, Jim Wacker, and how he walked on and what a lasting impression his Scholarship offer from Coach Wacker made on him. He holds the memory, and wanted to offer the same thrill to a young man and have it on tape.

Top Bottom