Great Effort by the Gophers!

magpie

Banned
Reaction score
With a Top 10 team coming in to our house, considering the first year coordinators, the injuries, and everything else -- the Gophers played a helluva game. I'm not sure many thought we realistically would beat Cal, but we all hoped we'd put on a show and prove that we can play with the best teams. Even being down 14 early, we fought back and outplayed them much of the 2nd & 3rd quarters.

A loss is a loss, but this was a statement on national television that the Gophers are not only good, but on the upswing. We WILL win some big conference games this year. Let's hope the recruits at the game and watching from home take heed. The future looks good.

Go Gophers!

I was pumped the entire game...I've never experienced a Gopher game like that.......

A lot of fun, Best is a helluvah player. He'll be a high draft pick. Lots of kudos to his blockers as well.

atmosphere was way better than the AF game. 3rd down noise was unreal

Props to the crowd today. I don't know how loud it was there for real but on tv it sounded like the noise level of Ohio Stadium. Not kidding. I was super impressed. Keep up the support especially for those of us who can't be there for the games and cheer extra loud for us! Go Gophers!

I was impressed by the Gophers and how hard they competed

They Gophers competed hard today against a good opponent. Didn't seem to back down either,
I'm not trying to gloss over anything there were some breakdowns and we got beat by the better team. The defense has already played a ton of football and that does not bode well as the season wears on. Emotion and conditioning can only carry you so far when your taking more than your fair share or the plays and that many the body starts to break down with that many collisions and hits. This offense as it was the first two games gives you fit's but the kids do compete hard.
There going to have to figure something out on offense, they decided they were a spread team and then recruited a bnuch of athletes receivers for that offense. Now they decide they are going to go under the center and try to be a power running team with large mamoth offensive lineman. We pass a lot better than we run, and we do not seem to have the backs to be able to run this style of offense, we cut left when we should go right, we get caught up in traffic and cannot squirt through holes or break tackles. This is going to be a long season if the offense doesn't figure out an identiy and get the O-line as a unit some cohesiveness. We just do not have a very good offense beyond Weber to Decker.

Agree totally

I take losses more personally and get more pissed than anyone I know and can find nothing to complain about in today's loss. The O-line sucked, Collado sucked, Weber pretty much sucked, but across the board I saw 100% effort and hard play. We lost to a more talented team, bottom line. Congrats to the players and coaches for a great game played. On to Northwestern.

This was not a good loss. By staying in the game we proved just how much better we are than in past years and than the critics think. The problem is that we should have won this game. We dropped at least two interceptions and the last one was for the lead in the 4th quarter. We had stupid penalties. Finally we didn't block worth a damn and that kept us from running or passing as well as we could.

Let's give it to the defense. We adjusted pretty well in the first half and very well at the half. If tiday is an indication, this team is going to win some games in a down year Big 10.

Top Bottom