Gov. Mark Dayton's comments on Gophers football boycott, via WCCO radio

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Reasonable response. At least he didn't take a jv team shot as he has in the past.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

If this is a continuous problem, one has to believe that this is an administration problem.

The problems have encompassed numerous coaches and athletic directors.

Can the athletic department truly ever flourish when it seems the academics want nothing more than to see it fail?

If this is a continuous problem, one has to believe that this is an administration problem.

Can the athletic department truly ever flourish when it seems the academics want nothing more than to see it fail?

I couldn't help but notice that Greder wrote "Shutter" as in to close/board up/shut down as opposed to "Shudder" which is what Dayton meant. Freudian slip?

Wow, Dayton seems to have thought before he spoke for once.

CJ carter: the administration and the academic departments would like nothing better than the U athletic programs succeed. They only want it to succeed within the framework of the University mission and rules. In this case, a department with jurisdiction over determination of the rule violations ruled against the players. It is no more or less than that.

CJ carter: the administration and the academic departments would like nothing better than the U athletic programs succeed. They only want it to succeed within the framework of the University mission and rules. In this case, a department with jurisdiction over determination of the rule violations ruled against the players. It is no more or less than that.

Hewittt exceeded her reach with a number of the players - one who wasn't there, two who came to the door and never went in. Others who never had anything to do with the girl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Respectfully, we have quite a few friends that have worked and are working at the U. Administration members and faculty should hope athletics at the U are successful. If they actually did pull out of the Big Ten, a whole lot of money would disappear and nationwide academic standing would take a very solid hit. Implying that they all want athletics to succeed and thrive though is a wildly speculative and wrong.

Same thing with "a department with jurisdiction over determination of the rule violations ruled against the players. It is no more or less than that.

That really is a stretch. You think that suspending tennis players or 3-4 guys on full academic scholarships would get the media attention and public reaction that this is getting? No you don't.

You've made more than a few statements condemning people for ignoring the facts of the case or spinning it to their favor.

Looks like you've joined them.

Not a big fan of Gov. Dayton, but that was spot on.

Hewittt exceeded her reach with a number of the players - one who wasn't there, two who came to the door and never went in. Others who never had anything to do with the girl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well that settles it then....clearly you have all the facts......

If it's proven that the EOAA overstepped their bounds when suggesting, the whole group of them needs to be relieved of their duties.

If Kaler didn't question the EOAA on each and every suggestion for punishment before handing down the suspension, he needs to be relieved of his duties.

Investigating these claims are very important but it's Kaler responsibility to make sure they got it right before acting.

The evidence I've heard makes it sounds like they got the punishment wrong for a number of these players.

Except this goes on at high schools and colleges across the country. It isn't a U problem on its own.

If it's proven that the EOAA overstepped their bounds when suggesting, the whole group of them needs to be relieved of their duties.

If Kaler didn't question the EOAA on each and every suggestion for punishment before handing down the suspension, he needs to be relieved of his duties.

Investigating these claims are very important but it's Kaler responsibility to make sure they got it right before acting.

The evidence I've heard makes it sounds like they got the punishment wrong for a number of these players.

I think you said it.

The 5 extra players alone, are grounds for the dismissal of Colyle and Kaler. Leaders without courage do not deserve paychecks.

The EOAA should be retooled. The goal is still worthy.

Get rid of the ends justify the means crowd. Get people in that will teach reasonable strategies to kids in order to prevent these situations in the future. The behavior of the progressive movement is akin to what dictators do. They worked for years to literally change the language.

We need more president's like the one at Chicago that outright rejected this crowd.

I think it's a culture issue. This doesn't fall solely on administration. It falls on all parties.

I couldn't help but notice that Greder wrote "Shutter" as in to close/board up/shut down as opposed to "Shudder" which is what Dayton meant. Freudian slip?

"Shudder"..."shutter"...with Dayton it could just as easily been "susher". That guy ish on shum heavy medgs. :confused:

Top Bottom