Got my tickets..

upnorthkid

Reaction score
for the night game against 'Cuse. i'm from out of town and this will be my first game at tcf. any tips for getting the full experience or suggestions on what to do for the time leading up to the game? Thanks!

for the night game against 'Cuse. i'm from out of town and this will be my first game at tcf. any tips for getting the full experience or suggestions on what to do for the time leading up to the game? Thanks!

Get in car

Drive south

that's a start

We have a beer garden. Just park yourself there, the game does not matter.

i will try and answer your question minus the sarcasm of others.

if you will be coming up the day before the game or the morning of the game, do breakfast at al's diner in dinkytown. on game day (early afternoon), take a walk around campus and explore.

pre and post game: have a few drinks at stub & herb's, sally's, campus pizza in stadium village. stop by any number of bars/restaurants in dinkytown.

pre-game: be out in front of the stadium plaza a couple hours before start time for the victory walk with the team, cheerleaders, band, goldy, coaches, other fans.

pre and post game: even if you guys won't have a tailgate lot pass right outside the stadium or in the state fair lot, grab a 12pk/case of beer for you and your buddies and walk around the tailgate lots. introduce yourselves to other gopher fans. most are welcoming and you should have a good time. don't necessarily need to have a car in the lot to "hang out" and party in the tailgating lots. both areas (i.e. on campus & the state fair lot) are fun, but i/we personally prefer to walk-around the on-campus tailgate lots before the game.

if you will be buying a tailgate lot pass online (i.e. craigslist, stub hub, gopherhole.com ticket exchange, etc.), then great. although i would still make some extra time to get out and explore campus, stadium village and dinkytown a little bit as well.

thanks for the reply! definitely will help a lot!

The Hall of Fame. Also, come early, stay late. Always.

Top Bottom