Gophs one of ESPN's 2011-12 "mystery" teams

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
Also mentioned from the Big Ten are Indiana and Iowa. I'm more on board with Iowa as a mystery team than Indiana. I like what McCaffery did his 1st season, the way his team competed. I think Iowa is going to be much better than people think, and it doesn't hurt that the Big Ten appears it'll be a little down next season. There should be an opportunity for teams that recently have been in or near the cellar to make a jump to the top half of the standings or better. Illinois, Michigan State, Purdue and maybe even Wisconsin might not be as strong as they've been recently.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...y/id/6437506/coaching-carousel-zeroes-beltway

Mystery

I agree about the Gophs. There is some talent on this team but it's hard to tell if there is anyone to run the team from the guard spots.

I agree about the Gophs. There is some talent on this team but it's hard to tell if there is anyone to run the team from the guard spots.

The guard play will be a lot better than it was this year (after Christmas this year anyway), as will the play at every other position on the team, and that includes shooting guard. The new guys are not better than Blake at SG, but he was playing PG, and playing hurt for most of the BigTen season. We should be improved everywhere; if Rodney does not improve his fundamentals, I don't think he'll play much. Austin H., Coleman and Oto all have the ability to develop into much better players than Rodney was this year, they will likely all have a better jumper, and understand what they are supposed to be doing in the offense better as well. If Mo Walker recovers in time to get in shape, he and Elliason should both push Ralph for time. They both can play center better than Colton did last year.

Want the mystery revealed? 20-13, 10-8 in the BT ,sitting on the bubble hoping 3rd place team in podunk conference X doesn't upset the 1st place team and take another NCAA bid. Or maybe 19-14, 9-9 in the BT, sitting on the bubble hoping 4th place team from podunk conference Y doesn't upset 1st place team and take another NCAA bid. Not much mystery.

Interesting. If the over/under for total wins was set at 20 for next year I would be inclined to take the over.

However, if the over/under for B10 wins was 10 I am not so sure.

Want the mystery revealed? 20-13, 10-8 in the BT ,sitting on the bubble hoping 3rd place team in podunk conference X doesn't upset the 1st place team and take another NCAA bid. Or maybe 19-14, 9-9 in the BT, sitting on the bubble hoping 4th place team from podunk conference Y doesn't upset 1st place team and take another NCAA bid. Not much mystery.

Based on Tubbys Brutal Non conference schedule each year, losing 5 of those games will put us nowhere near the bubble

Top Bottom