GopherSports Q&A with Townsend Orr!

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per GopherSports:

Townsend Orr
Sport: Basketball
Years: 1990-95
Hometown: Harvey, Ill.
Occupation: Asst. Men's Basketball Coach, Benedictine University (Mesa, Ariz.)

What is it you honestly miss most about the University?
I have been fortunate to continue playing basketball after the U of M and everywhere that I've traveled, I say I miss the warmth and the feelings of the people. To this day, I still say that the University of Minnesota was the most inviting place that you could ever want to go to in terms of meeting people and how warm and welcoming they are.

Please share your favorite university or athletic event you've attended since you graduated and what made it so special to you?
I have not been back on the campus in years, but I visited Minneapolis and definitely follow the team. I attended the Big Ten tournament last year in Chicago. I had the opportunity to watch Minnesota play and beat Rutgers in the first round, and it bought back so many memories. It was great to get a chance to see some old alums and support Coach Pitino and the new team. I look forward to them continuing to succeed and making the University of Minnesota proud.

What are you grateful for?
I am grateful that I had the opportunity to receive an athletics scholarship to a fine university. Everywhere I go, I let everybody know that I attended the University of Minnesota. I am grateful for the coaches that I had, as well as the teammates. I have maintained friendships throughout the years and I am very grateful to still have a lot of those guys in my life today.

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/021816aaa.html

Go Gophers!!

T.O.

One of my favorites, a Gopher my first year as a season-ticket holder. Instant energy. One of those guys who would always put up occasional, "No, no, no, yes, yes" shots, but fans still loved him. A guy who got better & better each year.

Little know fact. T.O. played at Dolton Thornridge HS (Ill.), the same school that produced a guy named Quinn Buckner.

T.O.

One of my favorites, a Gopher my first year as a season-ticket holder. Instant energy. One of those guys who would always put up occasional, "No, no, no, yes, yes" shots, but fans still loved him. A guy who got better & better each year.

Little know fact. T.O. played at Dolton Thornridge HS (Ill.), the same school that produced a guy named Quinn Buckner.

One of my fav's, too. You can tell when a guy loves the sport and loves competing, and that was Town.

Top Bottom