Gophers will host Purdue at 11 am on Oct. 18 for Homecoming

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Gophers&src=hash">#Gophers</a> will host Purdue at 11 am on Oct. 18 for Homecoming.</p>— Gopher Football (@GopherFootball) <a href="https://twitter.com/GopherFootball/statuses/466247930458812416">May 13, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

A much-needed 11am start time. Super glad it looks like we'll get a ton of them this year.

/s

11 AM start time for Oct. 25th game @ Illinois for their Homecoming game

Nothing says party like an 11 am start time. The B1G needs to negotiate better on the next TV contract. One reason other conferences have better on campus participation is that they play games in the afternoon and evenings while we are playing at breakfast time.

Nothing says party like an 11 am start time. The B1G needs to negotiate better on the next TV contract. One reason other conferences have better on campus participation is that they play games in the afternoon and evenings while we are playing at breakfast time.

11 am breakfast time, my word young man you must be one of the horrible parents that stay out till 2am if you are having breakfast that late in the afternoon. ;)

The 11:00 AM CT and 2:30 PM CT kickoff times are pretty much institutionalized in college football. Fox starts some games at odd times admittedly, but the overwhelming majority of the afternoon games in the ESPN/ABC inventory start at those two times with BTN generally following suit. The keys to the Gophers getting fewer early starts are the following. To get the late afternoon feature timeslot, the Gophers need to get good and stay good while developing a bigger following here and afar. Meanwhile, the Big Ten must acquiesce to more night time kick offs. The limitation on the number of night games and when those games can be played forces the conference into situations in which three or four games must kickoff in the 11:00 AM CT timeslot with the Gophers always a prime candidate for that early spot.

You know what they say, you can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.

I bet since the Vikings play at noon almost every week, we can expect almost all of our home games to be at 11am during the NFL season to give them more time to prepare the field.

I'm just guessing though.

I bet since the Vikings play at noon almost every week, we can expect almost all of our home games to be at 11am during the NFL season to give them more time to prepare the field.

I'm just guessing though.

I was wondering about this too

Only an issue for the Oct. 11th game from what I can tell. That is the only weekend where both teams are at home.

Only an issue for the Oct. 11th game from what I can tell. That is the only weekend where both teams are at home.

That settles it then. Looks like we'll just get 11am starts because they like giving them to us :)

I prefer 2:30, but 11:00 isn't so bad. I'm one of those weird people who gets up early, though.
It works for me to tailgate early, enjoy the game, have a few drinks/snacks afterward and be home by 5:00 or so.
I'll gladly make a sacrifice for prime time, however, if we eventually become some type of powerhouse.

That settles it then. Looks like we'll just get 11am starts because they like giving them to us :)

Petition to have the Minnesota moved to the Eastern Time Zone. Then we'll get noon and 3:30 games. :drink:

11 am breakfast time, my word young man you must be one of the horrible parents that stay out till 2am if you are having breakfast that late in the afternoon. ;)

I am neither young nor a parent but I have stayed out past 2 on many a night. Breakfast at 11 for 2:30 games is about right...drink for 3 hours, eat, drink for 3 hours, game, drink for 3 hours, eat. Sounds like the perfect Saturday to me!

For what it's worth, I am a recovering alcoholic. After coming out of treatment, much to my surprise, I found that I could still enjoy events like concerts and ballgames without being drunk or stoned.

I understand that some people see tailgating and pre-game drinking as part of the college FB experience. But that's some people - not everyone. There are plenty of people who show up for the games and support their team while being completely sober - believe it or not.

If you want to do something badly enough, you'll find a way. if you don't want to do something, you'll find an excuse.

For what it's worth, I am a recovering alcoholic. After coming out of treatment, much to my surprise, I found that I could still enjoy events like concerts and ballgames without being drunk or stoned.

I understand that some people see tailgating and pre-game drinking as part of the college FB experience. But that's some people - not everyone. There are plenty of people who show up for the games and support their team while being completely sober - believe it or not.

If you want to do something badly enough, you'll find a way. if you don't want to do something, you'll find an excuse.

Nobody likes a qiuter.

Top Bottom