Gophers Vs. "Healthy" Hoosiers

Iceland12

Reaction score
Keeping this in mind:

Key Injuries:

IND
[OG] 08/21/2013 - Dan Feeney out for season ( Foot )
[LB] 08/13/2013 - Chase Hoobler out indefinitely ( Stress Fracture )
[OL] 10/09/2013 - David Kaminski out for season ( ACL )
[OT] 10/16/2013 - Peyton Eckert out for season ( Back )

Read this from todays' ESPN Big Ten Chat on Sportsnation:

Nick (St Paul)
How can the Gophers get no love against Indiana despite being 6-2 against a (3) win team?

Adam Rittenberg
Well, it's actually a 2-win team vs. a 1-win team, if you're talking about Big Ten play (Indiana actually has three wins overall). I love what I'm seeing from Minnesota, but I don't like this matchup for the Gophers. Unlike Northwestern and Nebraska, Indiana is completely healthy on offense and more dangerous than the Wildcats and Huskers through the air. Indiana also is in a must-win situation to keep its bowl hopes alive. Minnesota certainly could control the clock and the game with its rushing attack, but I like Indiana coming off of the open week to win on its home field.

Uh, WHAT? :confused:

As of 10/23/2013 depth chart on Rivals, Indiana is sporting a REALLY young OL (three SO and 2 JR), and a small one at that, with none over 3 bills. I think their offense moves at a pace such that maybe that's not a big issue for them because they're not asked to hold blocks for that long, etc. but that's still not a ton of experience up there. And if any one of them go down, three of the backups on the 2-deeps are RS FR.

I don't know why people keep saying this is a bad matchup. Sure, I was dead wrong on Nebraska being a terrible matchup (thankfully!), but I think this is a great matchup. The worst enemy for the Gophers in this game would be more than one or two 3-and-outs on offense. I'm hoping Nelson is getting better and better at milking the play clock these days too. In some of the games the Gophers have been way too quick to get to the LOS and snap the ball during times when they should be bleeding it out.

Should be a good game, no doubt.

Keeping this in mind:

Key Injuries:

IND
[OG] 08/21/2013 - Dan Feeney out for season ( Foot )
[LB] 08/13/2013 - Chase Hoobler out indefinitely ( Stress Fracture )
[OL] 10/09/2013 - David Kaminski out for season ( ACL )
[OT] 10/16/2013 - Peyton Eckert out for season ( Back )

Read this from todays' ESPN Big Ten Chat on Sportsnation:

Nick (St Paul)
How can the Gophers get no love against Indiana despite being 6-2 against a (3) win team?

Adam Rittenberg
Well, it's actually a 2-win team vs. a 1-win team, if you're talking about Big Ten play (Indiana actually has three wins overall). I love what I'm seeing from Minnesota, but I don't like this matchup for the Gophers. Unlike Northwestern and Nebraska, Indiana is completely healthy on offense and more dangerous than the Wildcats and Huskers through the air. Indiana also is in a must-win situation to keep its bowl hopes alive. Minnesota certainly could control the clock and the game with its rushing attack, but I like Indiana coming off of the open week to win on its home field.

Uh, WHAT? :confused:

We already discussed this, Ice. Pay attention.:p

We already discussed this, Ice. Pay attention.:p

Think that was from the "Predictions"post, this was from the Sports Chat this afternoon. Still don't get how Rittenberg missed it though your Bennett speculation was pretty good.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chats

As for the original discussion Indy's injuries, you're right, I was pretty familiar with that! :cool:

in football healthy on offense usually means healthy at the skill positions which IU is, unlike NU and arguably the other NU, hopefully Rashede and Theiren can take advantage of their youth on the O-line

in football healthy on offense usually means healthy at the skill positions which IU is, unlike NU and arguably the other NU, hopefully Rashede and Theiren can take advantage of their youth on the O-line

Respectfully, "maybe", but have heard to many announcers, coaches and experts talk about injuries, or "decimating" injuries to the O-Line to explain lousy performances by the Offense. We heard that here many, many times just last year.

All for good reasons. Oh and we all hope you're right about taking advantage of it.

I have a feeling the OL injuries will be highlighted come Saturday.

Top Bottom