Gophers vs. Georgia on Big Ten's Greatest Games Sunday Night

alltimetwinsfan

Grand Poobah
Reaction score
In case nobody saw it, Minnesota-Georgia from 2002 will be shown on the Big Ten Network on Sunday...doesn't give a time. They're really digging back to some games from a while back, showing Ohio State's 1960 championship game.

December 14: Nov. 30, 2002 – #24 Minnesota 72, #17 Georgia 69
Michael Bauer's 3-pointer rolled in at the buzzer to give the Golden Gophers a 72-69 victory over Georgia. The Bulldogs had tied the game moments earlier on a 3-pointer by Jarvis Hayes. Maurice Hargrow led Minnesota with 15 points and eight rebounds.

Here's the link for all the games:

http://www.bigtennetwork.com/greatest/

This was one of the first Gopher basketball games I ever went to, my freshman year at the U. Awesome game.

Yeah, that was a good one. That Bauer 3 teetered on the rim...and he turned around to the student section to celebrate...

We were at that game. What a great game at the barn. It reminds me that there is some good basketball ahead - St. Joe's on Sat. might be our latest best bet for a good home non-con.

That was a good game. I seem to remember Rickert also playing big the game after / before against GA Tech.

That was a good game. I seem to remember Rickert also playing big the game after / before against GA Tech.

You are correct, it was the next game. Chris Bosh was a freshman phenom for that GT team. RR led a second half charge to overcome a deficit and win by 1 (I think).

Top Bottom