Gophers Twolves Question

Lakers612

Banned
Reaction score
In the thread pointing out that Buggs, Reggie, and Fitzgerald were doing a postgame exercise on FSN after the Twolves game, it got me thinking.

With such a young Twolves squad (guys like Wiggins, Towns, Lavine, Jones would still be in college if they weren't one and done), it's completely feasible that they would (a) get along with Gophers players (b) wouldn't mind practicing/working out with them in the offseason.

I wonder if any of our Gophers players communicate/interact with Twolves players. Basketball is a tight community, espicially among players, so it wouldn't at all surprise me.

Hell, we have seen Gorgui Dieng and Shabazz Muhammad attend Gophers games in the past. Do these guys get invited to the locker room after games? Is that allowed?

I just remember Ashton Kutcher (sp?) got Iowa St. in trouble for recruiting violations, and it just seems like the NCAA would crack down on college teams fraternizing with NBA teams... In reality, tho, there aren't that many schools that even have this option.

There are not too many college campuses in the power conferences that are in the same city as professional franchises... Only schools I can think of for bball are UCLA, USC, GT, Miami, Marquette, Georgetown, BC, and St. Johns (that's a crazy low number if you think about it)

Could Pitino use this when recruiting players? Can he tell guys that they can get exposure on shows like FSN postgame and possibly practice with Twolves guys in the offseason (assuming Twolves players would want that)?

This might be a dumb, ignorant question, so please forgive me. But I just find the opportunity unique

It's not unique when at least 8 other schools can do the same thing.

DePaul

DePaul isn't getting whole lot of benefit from being in the same city as the Chicago Bulls in the past 3 decades. Maybe it will give Northwestern a bump given their coaches history.

QUOTE=Lakers612;1195030]

There are not too many college campuses in the power conferences that are in the same city as professional franchises... Only schools I can think of for bball are UCLA, USC, GT, Miami, Marquette, Georgetown, BC, and St. Johns (that's a crazy low number if you think about it)

[/QUOTE]

Other major schools in the same city or really close, Seton Hall, Villanova, Stanford & Cal.

Why can't you just answer a post without a smart ass response. You are a piece of work man.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Why can't you just answer a post without a smart ass response. You are a piece of work man.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

It's not a smart ass response. The thesis of the OP is that it's some sort of unique situation, while the same post shows how it isn't unique at all.

While we're on the subject, how about you try addressing the thread topic once in a while instead of almost always following me around and commenting on me and how I post?

Given your desire for facts, you are utilizing the definition of unique as being the "only one" or "without equal". A third aspect of the definition of unique is simply being "unusual". So, given the third aspect of the definition of unique, being that less than 3% of schools have this situation, it is an unusual situation, and thus unique.

Just having some fun...

DePaul isn't getting whole lot of benefit from being in the same city as the Chicago Bulls in the past 3 decades. Maybe it will give Northwestern a bump given their coaches history.

Other major schools in the same city or really close, Seton Hall, Villanova, Stanford & Cal.

Oops, forgot about DePaul.. And I thought about Seton Hall and Cal but I wanted to limit my list to schools within the actual city limits..

Edit: As I typed this I realized that Miami is Coral Gables, so that kinda contradicts my own rules

I understand Minnesota is not the only school like this, but there are very few, and given that the late Flip Saunders had such strong ties to the U, I felt our school is in a unique situation

2 others, Utah (Salt Lake City) and Butler (Indy).

I would say Villanova should count since they play in the 76ers arena the majority of the time. I'm sure guys cross paths all the time

Top Bottom