Gophers, trying to find a way to pay off their massive Athletes Village debt, are asking supporters to buy customized bricks between $600-$2500.

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Per Shooter:

The Gophers, trying to find a way to pay off their massive Athletes Village debt, are asking supporters to buy customized bricks for the village’s courtyard at prices from $600 to $2,500, depending on size.

Go Gophers!!

Athlete's Village Debt? Nah, don't worry about it. It's like the National Debt. No big deal. It's always gonna be there, so go on and live your best life.

Thanks Charley for helping the AD out and publicizing the availability of the bricks!
Go Gophers!

We need Sid Hartman and his "Minneapolis Big Cigar" group to pay this off. Sadly, those days are over. Minnesota Cheap reigns now.
I blame email; Harvey no longer swims with the sharks, but rather the minnows.
Big NIL payouts and huge donor contributions - they just aren't reality around these parts.

Debt yes, massive debt? New TV contract should ease that up. It’s fine Charley. How do writers whose job it is to write about sports actually know very little about the sports they write on? Don’t these people have any personal pride to actually know their job?
And doesn't that have to be paid through direct donations only? So tv contract doesn't affect.

I tried to find some info on how much debt remains on the project.

Best I found was an article from the Summer of 2021 claiming that - at that time - they had raised roughly $126-Million of the $166-Million project - leaving $40-Million remaining.

If that is accurate, then roughly 24% of the project still needed to be paid off.

Now, that was a year-and-a-half ago, so things could have changed.

I tried to find some info on how much debt remains on the project.

Best I found was an article from the Summer of 2021 claiming that - at that time - they had raised roughly $126-Million of the $166-Million project - leaving $40-Million remaining.

If that is accurate, then roughly 24% of the project still needed to be paid off.

Now, that was a year-and-a-half ago, so things could have changed.
Exactly, the majority is paid for. Now if it was the other way around I think there is merit to his argument.

Its one of AD Coyle's primary functions to raise money and pay off debt of this kind. So far, he doesn't get a passing grade.

Last edited:

We need roughly 300 million for a new basketball arena so this so called debt is going to be around for awhile. You can get sentimental about Williams Arena but it needs to be replaced.

We need roughly 300 million for a new basketball arena so this so called debt is going to be around for awhile. You can get sentimental about Williams Arena but it needs to be replaced.
Many threads on this already. My sense is they gut and remodel, leaving the outside mostly intact.

Top Bottom