Gophers to play DePaul in Gavitt Games

What do you think the Blue Devil fans are saying?
I’ll take it.

I like this "Gavitt" series. This adds some fun games to the schedule.
I would hope in the future they do put some emphasis scheduling games that are somewhat regional. I think the only time Georgetown & Maryland have squared off in several decades during the non-conference was a Gavitt Game.

Last edited:

Depaul beat us last time they were here, Isaiah Ihnen still has an axe to grind : )

That was an odd DePaul team. Beat Iowa, Minnesota, NW, and Texas Tech in the non-conference. I was at that DePaul game and Charlie Moore hit dagger after dagger in the second half. The same well-travelled Charlie Moore that lead Miami to the Elite Eight this year. I remember turning to my dad during the final minutes and saying this is the best DePaul has looked in 20+ years. Then the Big East started and they lost a bunch of close games and completely fell apart, succumbing to dead last in the conference. Kind of sounds like the Gophers this past year... 😉

That was an odd DePaul team. Beat Iowa, Minnesota, NW, and Texas Tech in the non-conference. I was at that DePaul game and Charlie Moore hit dagger after dagger in the second half. The same well-travelled Charlie Moore that lead Miami to the Elite Eight this year. I remember turning to my dad during the final minutes and saying this is the best DePaul has looked in 20+ years. Then the Big East started and they lost a bunch of close games and completely fell apart, succumbing to dead last in the conference. Kind of sounds like the Gophers this past year... 😉
That DePaul team definitely had some potential. Completely crashed & burned after a really strong non-conference performance.

Top Bottom