Gophers to face best right tackle in the country

swingman

Reaction score
You won’t find a better right tackle in college football than Michigan’s Jalen Mayfield. He enters the 2020 season ranked as the 14th-best prospect on Mel Kiper’s initial big board. If Mayfield can build off his 2019 tape, we might just be looking at a top-15 pick in the 2021 NFL Draft.

Who was committed to Fleck and the Gophers for a month in 2017, then Michigan offered...

Who was committed to Fleck and the Gophers for a month in 2017, then Michigan offered...
Uf da... Earlier I was hearing all the defense praise, now the offense praise is coming out. What will be next out of Michigan?

Mayfield is excellent. His battle vs. Mafe should be very interesting. A real key to the game will be how the 4 new starters alongside Mayfield perform. Continuity on the OL is so underrated...especially in pass protection...especially with a super green QB taking snaps. Should be a really intriguing battle.

Mayfield is excellent. His battle vs. Mafe should be very interesting. A real key to the game will be how the 4 new starters alongside Mayfield perform. Continuity on the OL is so underrated...especially in pass protection...especially with a super green QB taking snaps. Should be a really intriguing battle.
I’d Mafe is purportedly our best speed rusher why wouldn’t you line him up against the left OT and the QBs blind side?

I’d Mafe is purportedly our best speed rusher why wouldn’t you line him up against the left OT and the QBs blind side?
You'd have to ask PJ and Rossi. You might've noticed that Carter Coughlin played the vast majority of his snaps over the RT the past two years, and so Mafe was there as well when he subbed in. I guess that's just where they line up that player. That said, who the heck knows what they'll do this year...lots of fresh faces on D.

Uf da... Earlier I was hearing all the defense praise, now the offense praise is coming out. What will be next out of Michigan?
Right? I mean best linebackers and d line in college football and now best right tackle?

Top Bottom