Gophers to compete in SoCal Challenge tournament

San Juan Capistrano, I'm in. looks like games will be played at JSerra, a catholic HS.

Eight teams in two days. Will round one be at participants arenas or is it just two games?

Eight teams in two days. Will round one be at participants arenas or is it just two games?
1 non-bracketed on-campus game followed by 2 separate 4-team brackets.

Gophers (likely) will host 1 of Cal State-Northridge, Central Michigan, High Point, or Tennessee State prior to trip to San Juan Capistrano.

1 non-bracketed on-campus game followed by 2 separate 4-team brackets.

Gophers (likely) will host 1 of Cal State-Northridge, Central Michigan, High Point, or Tennessee State prior to trip to San Juan Capistrano.
I’m due in LA that week. If they play the late games the first day, I should be able to hit both games.

For those flying out there I would highly suggest Orange Cty/John Wayne instead of LAX if the prices are remotely comparable.

Convenience and proximity are worth a few extra bucks, plus Delta has several non-stop options.

Looks like at the challenge itself we are in with UNLV, Cal Bap and So Ill. One would assume we get either Cal Bap/So Ill and UNLV gets the other with the concept we both win and that is the "signature" game of the challenge.

For those flying out there I would highly suggest Orange Cty/John Wayne instead of LAX if the prices are remotely comparable.

Convenience and proximity are worth a few extra bucks, plus Delta has several non-stop options.
I co-sign this. I have family in Irvine, and this is an A+ tip.

perfectly happy to see the guys get a fun trip and one would imagine a trophy based on that list of teams, though i don't know how UNLV, CMU, and SIU look for next year

Top Bottom