Gophers spring practice starts March 26; spring game is April 27

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per GopherSports:

Feb. 11, 2013

The Minnesota football team will begin spring practice on Tuesday, March 26. The team’s annual spring game will be held on Saturday, April 27.

The remaining 13 practices, times of practices, time of spring game, media availability and public availability will be announced in the near future.

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/021113aaa.html

Go Gophers!!

Very Excited!

Wish Campbell was on campus for the spring game so we could have a better idea of what the LB rotation will look like. Can't wait to see Damien Wilson out there and see what the rotation looks like in the secondary.

Very Excited!

Wish Campbell was on campus for the spring game so we could have a better idea of what the LB rotation will look like. Can't wait to see Damien Wilson out there and see what the rotation looks like in the secondary.

While I agree, we won't find out too much from spring practice, just some glimpses.

Once again, the Spring Game is on Spring Jam Saturday, killing potential student attendance.

Once again, the Spring Game is on Spring Jam Saturday, killing potential student attendance.

That should enhance the attendance, an actual reason to get up and drink. Sadly that isn't the case around here but who am I to judge I've missed the last 2 years.

Looking So Forward To Football

I believe the trajectory for the gridders is upward. Outside of Gopher Hockey - the local sports scene presently has gone begging:

- Tubby's squad is l-e-a-k-i-n-g oil
- The Wolves are a mess (tonite's W @ Cleveland noted)
- The Wild are struggling to score, and even make the playoffs, after signing "The S&P"
- The Twins are basically turning over their entire pitching staff (may be a +) and Gardy's future hangs in the balance
- The Vikings are the Vikings, and have hitched their wagon to a verrrry suspect QB.

Other than the Gopher Hockey, which of the above teams' staffs do you really believe in?

The Athletic Department should be leaning on IFC/TCSU/whoever schedules Spring Jam to have them schedule Spring Jam around spring football, instead of the other way around.

The Athletic Department should be leaning on IFC/TCSU/whoever schedules Spring Jam to have them schedule Spring Jam around spring football, instead of the other way around.

Even better: The AD should be working with the IFC to try and make the Spring Game a bigger event.

When Holtz was here the Spring Game drew over.50,000. He split the squad and it was St. Paul against Minneapolis. I believe there was also" Fill'er Up" promo where they gave away an insulated coffee mug.

When Holtz was here the Spring Game drew over.50,000. He split the squad and it was St. Paul against Minneapolis. I believe there was also" Fill'er Up" promo where they gave away an insulated coffee mug.

When Holtz had the spring game there was no cable tv or Internet, either.

Okay, there was no internet, but of course there was cable!

LOL, I guess you had to be there - the 80s, I mean.

When Holtz had the spring game there was no cable tv or Internet, either.

Correct, They didn't call Holtz the " Music Man " for nothing. He drew a crowd everywhere he went. The brief time Holtz was here the Gophers took over the State
starting from the day he was hired.

We could pack one side of the stadium if we make Edina vs. Everyone Else. Just an idea.

Controlled scrimmages are quite frankly, boring! I understand protecting the QB, but it would be nice if it could be closer to game conditions. Still, I'll be there no matter what the venue is.

Even better: The AD should be working with the IFC to try and make the Spring Game a bigger event.

Spring Jam is planned by a special committee run through SUA. However, IFC/PHC are the main participants in the events, however, campus, in general, treats Saturday morning as an opportunity to booze all day for no reason. I'td be nice if they take an hour or so and head over to the spring game, I know I did last year. The best way to get any students to walk the 3 blocks or so would to have some sort of incentive to. A glorified exhibition at 11AM or whenever it is, isn't on the forefront of many's minds. (Sell beer at TCF during the Spring Game?)

Spring Jam is planned by a special committee run through SUA. However, IFC/PHC are the main participants in the events, however, campus, in general, treats Saturday morning as an opportunity to booze all day for no reason. I'td be nice if they take an hour or so and head over to the spring game, I know I did last year. The best way to get any students to walk the 3 blocks or so would to have some sort of incentive to. A glorified exhibition at 11AM or whenever it is, isn't on the forefront of many's minds. (Sell beer at TCF during the Spring Game?)

Oooo. I like the last part! That would be nice! I certainly hope to finally get to a Spring Game this spring! Beer at the game would provide a little extra incentive for me to make sure I make it this year! HAHA! :drink:

TCF KEGGER PLZ!!

Maybe they could bring in a face painter and some clowns...and some balloons...Joel Maturi...your the best!

You do realize that most students are under 21.

@GopherFootball: Minnesota Spring Game set for 1 p.m. on April 27

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom