Gophers RPI of 9 Best in Big10

watertown 1987 guy n

Reaction score
Its early, too early to get whipped up but Gophs currently w/ the best RPI. Iowa w/ the worst and Northwestern looking like a very good team. Northwestern will be a tough game to win. Keys to the game: don't let them get hot shooting the 3 pointer, dominate on rebounds w slight height & size advantage, (and do I need to say) make our free throws.

Indiana w/ 2nd to last RPI in Big10. - likely a pretty clear indication the season still too fresh for the RPI to mean much since Indy has the best record against top 25 teams (wins against Kansas & North Carolina) but the big oops at home against Nebraska and loss against Forte Wayne. Indiana must beat Wisky on Wednesday if they want to compete for BIG10 champs.

Do you have a link or the RPI rankings for the entire big ten?

B1G RPI

10 Minnesota
25 Illinois
29 Maryland
34 Michigan State
46 Nebraska
48 Northwestern
50 Purdue
56 Wisconsin
68 Penn State
81 Michigan
91 Ohio State
120 Rutgers
129 Indiana
145 Iowa

Looks like a top 50 win in Evanston on Thursday!

Looks like a top 50 win in Evanston on Thursday!

Except, Gophers might knock them out of the top 50.

That's OK, we'd still take it.

Road wins. ... no such thing as a bad one. Beautiful, ugly, stinky, smelly. ... they're all good as gold!

Are you going to D.C.?

Except, Gophers might knock them out of the top 50.

That's OK, we'd still take it.

Road wins. ... no such thing as a bad one. Beautiful, ugly, stinky, smelly. ... they're all good as gold!

Are you going to D.C.?

I am in for D.C. Smaller group I am meeting, but will also be visiting friends from the past who live there now. I have no commitments to New York, though. More likely no than yes at this point.

Northwestern is a tournament team this year, not an easy task. Need the A game to beat them on their court.

Last year we lost by 26 pts at Northwestern 58-84, lighting us up shooting 45% from 3's and driving at will to the basket.
We also lost to them by 25 pts at home 52-77

Hopefully this will be another triumph to how far we have come.

Northwestern is a tournament team this year, not an easy task. Need the A game to beat them on their court.

Last year we lost by 26 pts at Northwestern 58-84, lighting us up shooting 45% from 3's and driving at will to the basket.

Completely agreed. Tough game and should be plenty of incentive for the returning players. The Cats are an excellent demon to exorcise. Practically, with no return game, this could he huge in the standings as well. Be ready to play smothering defense, guys!

Payback for the duel losses last year.

Didn't Hodger say January 22 or so is when those numbers started taking realistic long term shape? That's two weeks away. Our B1G SOS should be helpful over course of the season, but let's just keep picking up wins.

Specifically, Ken Pomeroy (i.e. Ken Pom) said his January 23 rankings will be the first date his rankings won't have any data from the 2015-16 season. It'll all be this season.

RPI includes only data from the current season, but 3rd or 4th week of January is about when the numbers start settling in.

Top Bottom