Gophers receive one vote in AP Poll

The polls are proof the big ten should lobby for an objective criteria for a playoff like ncaa hockey.

As Kentucky sits at 19 and Purdue at unranked with near identical resumes. Just confirmation bias all over.

Had to be a joke?????
I mean Minnesota got beat up front by Illinois but played pretty even with Purdue.

If you think Illinois is 16 and Purdue is 22 it makes sense you might have Minnesota 25.

There are only 29 power 5 teams left with 2 or fewer losses. And the gophers are 1 of those 29.
I personally think MN is better than Maryland, South Carolina, Kansas, NC State (without their QB), and Pitt

I would probably have Minnesota close to the fringe of the top 25 in my own rankings.
Not because Minnesota is good but because it’s hard to find 25 good teams right now.

Not the way we're playing right now. We were embarrassed by Illinois. Not even in the game as far as I can tell. Your' points regarding the other teams are valid but we sucked big time, on defense and offense the last two games so I don't see much to point to Gopher-wise.

Guy who voted us 25 had Illinois 17 but no Purdue
Interesting
I wonder if he didn’t even know the records

If you're just looking at schedules, we have two losses, both to ranked teams. But yeah...

If you're just looking at schedules, we have two losses, both to ranked teams. But yeah...
Just think of being 25th not as being 25th best but more like being 105th least bad

It's reasonable to vote for Minnesota as #25 when they have two losses to two ranked team.
The top 25 is filled with SEC teams like that.

Let's not object at the first sign a voter shows some non-SEC bias.

If you think Kentucky, Texas, and Miss St are way better than Minnesota or Purdue, you need to keep watching more football.

My God, there is a voter out there who believes Tulane is a top 20 team.

W
Massachusetts

W
Alcorn State

W
Kansas State

L
Southern Mississippi

W
Houston

W
East Carolina

W
South Florida

Not the way we're playing right now. We were embarrassed by Illinois. Not even in the game as far as I can tell. Your' points regarding the other teams are valid but we sucked big time, on defense and offense the last two games so I don't see much to point to Gopher-wise.
Gophs led in the third quarter.

Top Bottom