Gophers' potential scholarship outlook with the loss of Dennis Evans

This makes the loss of Winter hurt a bit more, I was afraid of this from the moment he commited. Payne and Garcia (hopefully two more years) makes the front court look decent in the near future. That will lesson the bite a bit. Hope that Henley stays and another B1G ready guard can be brought in.

This makes the loss of Winter hurt a bit more, I was afraid of this from the moment he commited. Payne and Garcia (hopefully two more years) makes the front court look decent in the near future. That will lesson the bite a bit. Hope that Henley stays and another B1G ready guard can be brought in.
I think Carrington will show out some more here at the end of the season

If Henley plans on leaving why play him.
We don’t know if he leaves or not- we were his best offer out of HS and he’s playing 20 minutes a game with an extremely long leash. I doubt Henley would find a better spot than where he is now.

Carrington is also averaging 20 minutes a game, so plenty of playing time for both IMO.

Last edited:

Whin knows if he leaves or not- we were his best offer out of HS and he’s playing 20 minutes a game with an extremely long leash. I doubt Henley would find a better spot than where he is now.

Carrington is also averaging 20 minutes a game, so plenty of playing time for both IMO.

A lot of players don't end up in a "better spot" but that doesn't stop them from leaving.

Go Gophers!!

Not that it matters…..
But he has fox as a potential super senior in 24/25?
We played 3 years at D2
Hurt last year
Hurt this year
23/24 will be his 6th year

Can you imagine a grad transfer with 2 years remaining coming in and eating a scholly for 4?

Looking at what’s on paper for next year (I know things will change prior to rosters being finalized), but CBJ better hope Battle, Garcia don’t leave…if so, where is our non-existent offense getting its points next year?

Then in 2024-25 (which I assume Garcia is not staying through his senior year…which would his 5th year of college basketball *marquette, UNC, 3 Gopher seasons) …we better get on the recruiting trail for some mobile bigs that can score…but I guess that can be reserved for another coach

I think we get an exodus of players the likes of which haven't seen since....2 years ago.

Top Bottom