gophers playing fcs opponents

dakota joe

Reaction score
if my memory serves me right tim brewster made the statement that the gopher football team would no longer be scheduling fcs opponents after the gophers loss to north dakota state about 5 or so years ago. he stated that scheduling fcs opponents was a lose lose proposition because if the gophers lose it can be disasterous to getting in a bowl game and a win does nothing for them bowlwise. i was curious because i see the gophers played south dakota today. whats changed for the gophers to now be scheduling fcs opponents.

The Gophers played NDSU in 2006 (Gophers win 10-9) and in 2007. NDSU is currently on the schedule for next year.

maybe the gophers need to do what north dakota did and get rid of all the dead weight on their team and focus on the players that care and havea good attitude. i wish ndsu would have done this a few years ago. athletic talent is one thing but if you dont have heart to go with it athletic talent can only go so far. id take a team with maybe a little less athletic ability but a ton of heart over a more athletically talented team that doesnt have much heart anyday.

i hate to say it kind of makes my little heart go pitter patter to see all you gopher morons bickering back and forth about how and why your gophers suck. keep up the good work. see you in january when the sioux kick your butts in mens hockey.

Top Bottom