Gophers Overalls

Yah-E

Bulieve
Reaction score
Where can I get my hands on one of those Gopher overalls that we see students wearing? They're gold and maroon stripes, I believe. Custom made or can I buy those somewhere?

Neither stores has them online, already checked. Anyone else has any ideas?

I've never seen them online, but Gold Country definitely stocks them in it's Stadium Village location. If you know someone at the U or in the TC (don't want to assume you live in the Cities) you could have them grab you one.

I've never seen them online, but Gold Country definitely stocks them in it's Stadium Village location. If you know someone at the U or in the TC (don't want to assume you live in the Cities) you could have them grab you one.

Sweet, thanks! I'll be flying into TC in the near future, I'll have to check them out!

It's game day, who cares about fashion dignity! :D

Agreed. I'm looking for a gold sportcoat for random wearing at tailgates. I wouldn't wear it to the game (I don't get THAT drunk anymore) but the ridiculousness of it is what makes it fun to wear IMHO. It's tough to find random stuff like this that fits a 6'9" tall guy though, so my search is thus far fruitless.

Pleeaase don't wear those striped overalls.
There is nothing that says "trashy" to me like all of the Iowa (and to a lesser extent - Wisconsin) fans wearing that redneck attire.

Can't we come up with our own thing?

Sorry if I offend, I just hate those things.

There is nothing that says "trashy" to me like all of the Iowa (and to a lesser extent - Wisconsin) fans wearing that redneck attire.

What do you have in mind? Can't complain about a problem, if you don't have a solution!

Solution: Move to Iowa...I'm pretty sure those striped overalls are standard issue down there.

I also hate the striped overall with a fiery passion. Just wear a jersey or T-shirts, or paint the chest (it shows passion and artistry to paint the chest)

You wouldn't like Texas A&M then either...
good man. I like your logic.
:drink:

fleet farm

Lots of them on the rack as of last week.

What's so "trashy" or "redneck" about it? Is it that is represents farmers? I mean - yeah - farming is so NON-MINNESOTA. Of course, that is if you take away the 82,000 farms in our state and the $13.2 BILLION those 82,000 farms bring into the state as the state's 2nd largest industry. Of course, we should be ashamed that Minnesota ranks 7th in the nation in ag industry. How could we stoop to such a trashy and redneck industry? We should be ashamed! I mean let's just ignore the Minnesota farms that basically allow us to have Fortune 500 companies like Land O Lakes, General Mills, Hormel, and Super Valu. We should be embarrassed that those "bib-wearing" farmers help us have one of the largest private companies in the world in Cargill. I'm sure you're embarrassed while you eat the food on your table every night when you get home from your much more "non-trashy" and "non-redneck" job.

As for the U itself, it is sooo non-agriculture. Of course, that is if you take away the veterinarian school, the extension office, the College of Food, Agriculture and Natural Resource Science, food research, food safety studies, the 20 or so majors you can study related to agriculture and farming and much more.

Of course, I'm sure you never cheer for those handful of Minnesota farm kids who play on the team, too. They are way too redneck to cheer for.

We are so "above" those stinking farmers. We're too cosmopolitan for that! What an awful thing to do to pay homage to an industry by wearing maroon and gold bib overalls.

What's so "trashy" or "redneck" about it? Is it that is represents farmers? I mean - yeah - farming is so NON-MINNESOTA. Of course, that is if you take away the 82,000 farms in our state and the $13.2 BILLION those 82,000 farms bring into the state as the state's 2nd largest industry. Of course, we should be ashamed that Minnesota ranks 7th in the nation in ag industry. How could we stoop to such a trashy and redneck industry? We should be ashamed! I mean let's just ignore the Minnesota farms that basically allow us to have Fortune 500 companies like Land O Lakes, General Mills, Hormel, and Super Valu. We should be embarrassed that those "bib-wearing" farmers help us have one of the largest private companies in the world in Cargill. I'm sure you're embarrassed while you eat the food on your table every night when you get home from your much more "non-trashy" and "non-redneck" job.

As for the U itself, it is sooo non-agriculture. Of course, that is if you take away the veterinarian school, the extension office, the College of Food, Agriculture and Natural Resource Science, food research, food safety studies, the 20 or so majors you can study related to agriculture and farming and much more.

Of course, I'm sure you never cheer for those handful of Minnesota farm kids who play on the team, too. They are way too redneck to cheer for.

We are so "above" those stinking farmers. We're too cosmopolitan for that! What an awful thing to do to pay homage to an industry by wearing maroon and gold bib overalls.

:eek:

Nicely stated. I will wear my new bib overalls with pride, plan to bring my maroon and old pitch fork too!

YouMad.jpg

Timely thread... I was in Fleet Farm today and saw them for sale in the "sportswear" section.

is it my imagination or is this a rip off of the hawkeye attire. I really don't want to be guilty of emulating our hated rivals.

is it my imagination or is this a rip off of the hawkeye attire. I really don't want to be guilty of emulating our hated rivals.

That's why I hate it, unoriginal and a knock off of a rival.

Fleet farm has them but do not wear them! They look like shat and we do not need our fans looking like a bunch of fools in the new digs.

The bibs have been around the U at least a decade and I don't remember seeing that many school-colored bibs down Iowa-way then or now. Now when you start sporting Carhartt or Wrangler attire with hand-sewn hawkeye patches, a common fashion about 150 miles south, then you might be getting a little to close to the other side.

If you want to really let your inner Gopher-loving-deranged-idiot out though, why not go all in?

If there is anything that I wish would peter-out and die it is team colored Zubaz! Christ, even my reserved father sported some NFL logoed Zubaz back in the day; oh the shame :eek: and they remain a fixture amongst the faithful in Lambeau.

The bibs have been around the U at least a decade and I don't remember seeing that many school-colored bibs down Iowa-way then or now. Now when you start sporting Carhartt or Wrangler attire with hand-sewn hawkeye patches, a common fashion about 150 miles south, then you might be getting a little to close to the other side.

If you want to really let your inner Gopher-loving-deranged-idiot out though, why not go all in?

If there is anything that I wish would peter-out and die it is team colored Zubaz! Christ, even my reserved father sported some NFL logoed Zubaz back in the day; oh the shame :eek: and they remain a fixture amongst the faithful in Lambeau.

My wife just threw away my purple Zubaz last year. She was fine with me wearing them around the house on Sundays, but when I started wearing them out in public, she drew the line.
My taters would cause a spectacle in those superfansuits. I'll stay with the baggy sweats.

Top Bottom